autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys vs Zaino

I have an 04 redfire Cobra I just ride for pleasure and car shows. I have never used either product? WHat do you guys think? Paint is in great condition except for a very few / fine swirls..almost none.

I have read about the professional produsts and all claim to be best. How does Zaino compare to poorboys, DP, Wolfgang, etc??

Thanks for the education!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys vs Zaino

IMO with proper prep zaino is one of the best products out there

BUT to ahieve the next level the paint must be polished

Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to protection and durability, Zaino is tough to beat.

When it comes to looks, some like the Zaino look, and others don't.

Personally, I think your Redfire Cobra will look great with Zaino, provided the paint is prepped correctly. Then again, it will also look great with Poorboys, Wolfgang, or a number of other fine products.

Clean and prep the paint correctly, and you'll be pleased with just about any product you use.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like

these are very different products, although there are some comparisions with the lines. Both have a polish, both have a sealant, and both have spray detailers and quick detailers.

Sal is to be commended on a great product and to keep improving each. Z5Pro and Z8 are a hard to beat combo.

Poorboys will provide nice results too. I offer Poorboys kits to the new and hobbist as it very easy to use with great results. As offered , to get the best from each you need to follow and dedicate yourself to each area of cleaning from washing -- claying -- polishing -- protecting. A simple wax or sealant used alone is not going to bring out the best and make look worse than an AIO from the local Wally World.

Post Thanks / Like

im not a zaino fan but it is one of the sealants i recommend for redfire cobras. Redfire is almost all metallic flake and the zaino really makes the flakes pop so much it looks like a different color. Ive seen mutiple redfires parked next to each other at shows 1 with zaino and others with product X and spectators really think its a different color.Ive also used duragloss 601 and 105 on redfire and its pulls a close second very close!
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone mentioned, proper prep (correction & gloss enhancement) is key to improving the looks of any vehicle. LSP is totally secondary and accounts for a minimal difference. Find a product that fits your needs (ease of use and durability) and use the heck out of it. Wash your vehicle properly and the gloss with stay looking great for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Like everyone said its all in the prep.I cannot speak for Zaino but Poorboys is some great stuff.It is easy to use in all climates and leaves a great look plus Steve(Owner) is a really good guy to talk to if you have any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

use both, polish with Poorboys SSR, then use whatever Zaino you want.
    AP Auto Detailing & Car Care
    "Care, Pride, Passion"
    Serving the Greater Toronto Area 24/7, 365.
    Direct e-mail: info@apautodetailing.ca

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank for all the info. Now a dumb question. What prep do I need to do? I bouht the car new. But it sat on the lot for several months before I bought it. It stays in the garage under cover most of the time. I clayed the car when I got it and did the Meguiers three step. Only washed a few times since. But when I go to shows, it seems that other cars look better. What type gloss enhancement etc. do you guys recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

No such thing as a dumb question first and for most. Is there any way you can take some close up shots on the paint and overall condition of the car in direct sunlight? We need to see how bad or good the paint is in. Normally when a car is purchased they have it "detailed" for you and scratch the clear coat to all hell. This is why others seem to look better, they have removed (or hide) the scratches so light reflects better.
    Example: My mustang looked like this "detailed" before I learned to polish and just take my paint to the next level

This is how it looks after I've practiced enough and found the sweet spot (no wax or anything just bare clean prepped paint)

That is what we mean by prep, remove the clear coat scratches so the light reflects off the paint with out being distorted. Scratches cause a haziness/dulled reflection. Then polish the paint (also called 'Jeweling') to enhance the paint. Not really sure how to describe what polishing does to the paint. But think of it like this, you take old jewelery to be cleaned and when you pick it up and look at it, the edges and surface "dance" in the light. Same thing (kinda off).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast