autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2L Pump Foamer: Soap Choice

Just got a Kwazar 2L foamer to use as a pre-soak before pressure washing at a self-serve place that doesn't allow bucket washing in the bays. The plan is to foam, then pw, and then I picked up a bottle of beadmaker to try out as a drying aid.

I have Rupes M707 & CG Glossworkz.
    Any recommendations on what I put in the foamer and the ratio ( I'm assuming I'll end up putting in 1 to 1.5 L of hot water)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2L Pump Foamer: Soap Choice

There should be a mark on the Kwazar Foamer bottle where you see how much of the solution is the max that you have in it. Don't remember if this is 2L or if it's lower than the 2L. Think it's the first but double check on the bottle if you can find a mark where you fill to the max with solution. A suggestion is to be doing as you mentioned around half of the Foam bottle. Otherwise you need to be re-pump it a lot in the beginning. Trust me I have done the misstake on the 1L foamer I have and that where a lot of pumping. So test out if you can cover your whole car with half of the Foam bottle. Have a bottle of water and foam concentrate with you. Or better try it out at home if you have access to water now to rinse it off with.

When it comes to the foam product of choice. Personally I use dedicated prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off at every wash I do. And car soap are made for being aggitated with and also is build in way that can get the foam too strong for your LSP to handle. Then some prewash foams you can use with a bucket wash but not all. Griots Garage BOSS Foaming Surface Wash is one that's not recommended to use as a contact wash for an example. I would recommend you to go with the Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam. As from what I have heard about it it's a notch higher in the cleaning ability than Gyeon Foam which would be the next recommended foam to go with or the GG BOSS Foaming Surface Wash. Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam you dilute for little dirt 1:400 and 1:200 when you get on the paint from a foamcannon or foam gun. A foamcannon dilute the solution in the foamcannon bottle by 1:20 so you dilute it 1:20-1:10 in the foamcannon bottle to get those dilutions. If you go with the foamer you have it would be 1:200-1:400. I would start with 1:200 and if you are satisfied with the foam you get from it go with it. Foam IMO should not be too thick and not too thin either. I try to find the sweet spot for me and that's to have the foam slowly runs down but leaves the surface wet enough so it don't dries on the paint. With a great water behavior from the LSP the foam can run off from the paint in various way so you don't mix that up with that it dries on the paint. So when I start to clean rinsing it off with the water pressure from the PW it's not dried up. Depending on the temperature you get and want longer dwell time when it's colder and shorter when it's warmer. 5 minutes of dwell time is what I want normaly but take as long dwell time as possible cause of the better it cleans and loosen the dirt. Another thing is I apply the foam on a dry car so it don't get more diluted but also don't runs off too fast. So if you feel that the foam is low and runs off too fast. Pour in some more foam and test again and do so until you are satisfied with it. Remember it's very little of product product in the pump spray foamers. So you maybe need to be diluting it stronger than the dilution on the paint that's recommended. 2L is 2000ml and 10ml of foam concentrate is 1:200 dilution. 10ml is 0.33oz.

To be honest if you are doing basicly a touchless wash at the coin-op. I would use something else than Bead Maker as it's a sealant with no cleaning ability from it. Instead I would use a waterless wash or rinseless wash to do after the rinse off of the foam. Use BM as a drying aid or as a wipe down after the waterless wash or rinseless wash. That's the safest to do IMO.

GTechniq W4 Citrus Foam

/ Tony

3. Thanks ERP thanked for this post