autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    twouvakind

Re: Do you need a swirl remover...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Use speed 6, 4-6 passes with slow to medium arm movement...that should do it as long as the pad is rotating, make sure you mark the backing plate so you can see if the da is stalling.

BF one step is awesome, works great on soft and medium-hard paints wonderfully!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Thanks to you all for the feedback. I think my expectations were a little high with the machine, pad and AIO combination. Even with this proven array of detailing tools, one needs patience. I will take Jayfro's advice and have at it today.

twouvakind

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Use speed 6, 4-6 passes with slow to medium arm movement...that should do it as long as the pad is rotating, make sure you mark the backing plate so you can see if the da is stalling.

BF one step is awesome, works great on soft and medium-hard paints wonderfully!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Going to go with Jayfro's advice and a healthy heap of patience, I reckon my expectations were a bit amped up with the proven combination of tool/chemical/pad. I realize this is a time consuming project/hobby.

twouvakind

Sorry for the multiple replies, did not see "awaiting mod approval"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, possible with thick pads you might have to up the speed to 6. And like has been said, mark your backing plate if you've not done so to keep track of and monitor pad rotation.

I never used this AIO, so I'm unsure of the working time it has. Study what's said about this product.

If the pads get over saturated with product, either clean on the fly with a towel, or better yet switch to a fresh clean pad.

Mike Phillips

Read this

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    When all else fails - go through this

DA Polisher Trouble Shooting Guide

BF One Step works GREAT! Has to be a problem somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

As always, Mike nailed the principle ... You have to abrade or cut down the paint lower than the scratches.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    As always, Mike nailed the principle ... You have to abrade or cut down the paint lower than the scratches.
    Yeah and if the Blackfire One Step don't have enough cut on his defects. Then you need to be moving up in aggressiveness. And I think that Blackfire AIO might have a great cut for such a product. You may need to be getting a medium cut polish or compound.

Twouvakind do you have a lot of swirls left in the paint after you have polished a section? If so you would be needed a compound. If you just see a few swirls left in the paint you can be testing the most aggressive cutting pad you have and the Blackfire One Step Finish. If you see the swirls is gone it's enough to be useing this combo and if you get a clear finish it's only step needed. If it's leaves some haze from the aggressive combo you can do the next polishing step with the least aggressive pad you have and the Blackfire One Step Finish. Sometimes you are able to get away with it this way. Otherwise it's getting you a compound and maybe a more aggressive pad too. Don't remember the most aggressive pad you have. Maybe it's enough but if you want to be on a more safer side to get the paint leveled down so the deeper defects/swirls gets away. A heavy cutting pad may be needed. You can still use the Blackfire AIO as a finishing polish step after a cutting step. Just do the test spot with the least aggressive pad over the compounded section. And if you don't clear the finish up you go with the next aggressive pad from the finishing pad and so on until you are satisfied with the results.

/ Tony

9. Likes Paul A. liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12