autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Class Down Under!

WOW! You are a maniac my friend. I don’t know how you and Ange juggle it all. I hope that group of guys realizes how lucky they are to have someone teaching them, much less the Best Detailer in New Zealand. I mean, does it get any sweeter? I’m tired just reading all the work you did.
    BTW, I see that beard is growing in little fuller. Lookin good bro!

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn, I told you you got it...and you did. High fives, two thumbs up, a job well done and a pat on the back are in order. Very happy for you and your students.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only should you feel proud but I am too for you! GREAT read. If I lived in New Zealand I'd be buying from THAT car dealer.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bravo!!! Incredibly well done Aaryn! This is an awesome thread! Very happy for you that it went well and you were comfortable with your first 'teaching' class! Excellent!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job my friend. You not only affected their lives but the hundreds of cars they’ll touch for future owners. Good on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing Class Down Under!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    So glad for you mate! You have setup a real nice education. And the hands on teaching is always an appreciated way to learn and also teaching out. You nailed it Aaryn and Ange!

Also happy to see that the dealerships shows interested to evolve their businesses to a higher standard. And that they already took your hands off the new Beasts says a lot LOL. Great to hear that both experienced and not so experienced was in the class. Otherwise it's easy that the experienced ones goes on like before and the new guys and gals get run over and follow the way they have always been doing. Prestige can be hard nut to crack. Hope it's takeing them to the a new level of detailing. And that you get more classes to educate. But that's I'm sure will happens. I mean who would not want to learn from the guru of detailing in New Zeeland Detailing Class Down Under!

And what an awesome write up and pictures you did. Very enjoying to read and watch. Awesome work professor Aaryn!

/ Tony
    Cheers Tony.

Great points my friend. I certainly wouldn’t shy away from another opportunity to do more classes. Appreciate your comments & kind word buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    You should be proud. I'm especially glad that you won over the few that were not initially "with the program". The winning over of management observing is yet another feather in your cap.
    Thank You RTexasF.

Yeah, I wanted to sort that out as soon as possible so I wasn’t fighting that all day, pleased it went the way it did. Actually, I almost insisted that the manager was there, I felt it was an important step for them to move forward - no point filling the plane with fuel if you’re not gonna let it fly ...

Thank you for your comments mate.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCanuck View Post
    Incredible job man!! Well done. I’m glad it went well for you. That’s a pile of work on top of all the work you already have.
    Thank you DirtyCanuck.

... Mmmm, yes .... The previous week I was starting to wonder what the heck I had done to myself but hey, we got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    That is outstanding!! It was a great read, great pics, I can only imagine how much they learned from The Master from Down Under!! Im still blown away by the van or truck you posted a couple of months ago that appeared to be destroyed and you resurrected it back to life!!
    Cheers Jayfro.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Haha, this one?

Or this one?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    One word,

Excellent!

I think you've just carved out a new career for yourself besides your detailing business.

I was once told

When you teach, you learn

I would also say the BEST teachers or as we use in the detailing industry, the best Instructors, are people that have a true and sincere passion for sharing what they know with others TO HELP THEM. Not make a buck. And I would say you fit this description Aaryn.

Great job.

Thank you Mike.

I very much appreciate all the help, support & advice you gave me to make this class a success my friend.

I’m definitely excited to do this again & I have already had serious interest from a couple of different avenues.

Again - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    That was such a GREAT read, Aaryn!!!

I had no doubt you would hit this out of the park, and you DID!

SO happy for you, man. And I am sure the class had a killer time and learned things that they will NEVER forget.
    Thank you PaulMys.

Awesome my friend, I appreciate your support. I have to say, I was trying so hard to get this post done last night ... got to 11pm & my mind was virtually asleep on me & it just seemed like I was mumbling away. I’m pleased it came across okay.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    WOW! You are a maniac my friend. I don’t know how you and Ange juggle it all. I hope that group of guys realizes how lucky they are to have someone teaching them, much less the Best Detailer in New Zealand. I mean, does it get any sweeter? I’m tired just reading all the work you did.
    BTW, I see that beard is growing in little fuller. Lookin good bro!
    Thank you Don my Brother.

Hahaha, yeah. It’s been my thermal face mask over Winter for my commute to & from work by bicycle ... getting outta control a bit but I’ll see if it can stay a little longer.

Man, I appreciate it buddy - it was a busy busy August for sure but hey, no pain no gain right???

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Aaryn, I told you you got it...and you did. High fives, two thumbs up, a job well done and a pat on the back are in order. Very happy for you and your students.
    Thanks Misterpaul.

Yeah you did!!! Thank you my friend, Your Support, confidence & encouragement didn’t go unnoticed at all, in fact, I fed off the positivity from my Autogeek Family, & I credit much of the success of this class to y’all.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Not only should you feel proud but I am too for you! GREAT read. If I lived in New Zealand I'd be buying from THAT car dealer.
    Cheers Paul A.

Thank you mate, that means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Bravo!!! Incredibly well done Aaryn! This is an awesome thread! Very happy for you that it went well and you were comfortable with your first 'teaching' class! Excellent!
    Thanks Scott.

Appreciate the kind words my friend. I credit my confidence to you guys, my Forum Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Awesome job my friend. You not only affected their lives but the hundreds of cars they’ll touch for future owners. Good on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you Coatingsarecrack.

Great point. Let’s hope they continue huh. Thanks for taking the time to comment mate.

Aaryn NZ.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Mike Phillips

For what it's worth...

Besides having fun teaching others the craft of car detailing and the art of polishing paint, if you do this long enough you'll see some of your students go on to be very successful in this industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! It's gotta be a great feeling of accomplishment and self-satisfaction... Pulling that off so successfully for the first time.

The only experience of mine that could compare in regards to the self-satisfaction you must be feeling is public speaking. In my past professional career as an Aerospace Quality Engineer/Project Manager I had to do a fair amount of that. The initial experiences were terrifying leading up to the engagement but the feeling afterwards was nothing short of ecstatic.

I imagine that's kind of how you're feeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast