autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Product selection help

I have been out of keeping up with detailing products for the last few years do to working on the road but now I am back to a single location and plan on getting my car back to how it deserves to look. Previously, I used menzerna fast gloss as a single step cause it finished so nice but seems they changed the name of fast gloss to heavy cut 400 now. Last time I coated a car I used GTechniq C1 followed by 2 coats exo V1. As you can tell it has been years since I last purchased products given exo is on version 4 I saw haha. So my question is if I wanted to do something similar is the menzerna heavy cut 400 as a single step followed by some type of coating (possibly the GTechniq CSL followed by EXO) ok to stick with or has new products over the last few years surpassed these choices and I should go a different route?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product selection help

I am not a menzerna user and get ready for a bunch of product recommendations.

A test spot will let you know what you need to know. You may only need to polish.

Some products you may want to look into

Compounds: Sonax Cut Max, Meguiar's M110, 3D ACA
    Polishes: Sonax EX 04-06, Sonax Perfect Finish, Optimum Hyper Polish

One step compounding polish: 3D One, Sonax Cut & Finish

As far as coating you have many options now. If you wish to stay with GTechniq then CSL and Exo is the way to go. If you want to try something different then Cquartz UK 3.0 and optionally topping it with Gliss is good. If you go the cquartz route you have the option to use Essence as the polishing step. It is not a requirement to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product selection help

The Menzerna HC400 is like the FG400. There has been some switch to a new formulation but the basics with cutting 8/10 and finishing 8/10. But as The Guz mentioned you can get away with a less aggressive combo. And the test spots will show you. I second also his recommendations with other polishes. But if you want to stay with Menzerna which also has great polishes. I would go with haveing a compound and a medium cut polish and a finishing polish. So compound HC400 and medium cut polish PF2500 and finishing polish SF3500. You can go from the HC400 and finishing with SF3500. And you can also one step it with PF2500 or if wanted finishing with SF3500. For an yearly polishing when you have gotten the paint good and washed and dried it with good products and techniques so you don't get to bad of wash marring or drying marring. You can be only needed to be useing the SF3500 on a polishing pad and one step it.

What vehical brand and modell and year do you have now? And is it the same vehical you have used the FG400 on? Is it oem paint or repainted at any time or parts of it?

The Gtechnic C1 is still there and don't know if it's a new version of it since you used it. The Gtechnic CSL has been more popular for it's easier application and also the longevity from it is a little longer. Both does benefit to be topped with EXO v4. And is also easier to use than the previous versions.

Carpro CQUK v3 and Gliss combo has been a hit and has maybe gone past the CSL/EXO combo. Both are great though so much personal preferences and then you have other great choices to go with too. Gyeon Syncro is one of them for an example. They excells in different parts of the performance from them. So again it's gets to the personal preferences LOL. Some use the first part the ceramic coating and then use a topper when it's starts to degrade in the behavior or use the toppers from the beginning. Choices choices to do LOL. Read about others experiences with different products and see if it's something that you gets interested in to go with.

/ Tony