autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost Bit Off More Than I Could Chew ...

Woooaah! Hello Autogeeks.

First off - Apologies for my lack of engagement this last week, I over committed on nearly everything I was attempting to achieve.

So a brief run down - The shop has continued to be busy & that is great, currently we are done taking bookings for 2019, the diary is full six days a week for the rest of the year. I know some folks might have the opinion that one should keep aside some appointments for last minute customers but hey, it’s simply not howI roll.
    Now before I added other activities to the mix, this week just gone I had booked a little heavy but with some understanding from my Gorgeous Wife & a couple of extra hours worked, it would all be okay.

So, I don’t know if you guys remember it a few Months back I had talked about Hosting a Detailing Training Class here in our shop for some dealership “Detailers”. Four students have now grown to Six which is great, I’m taking that as a compliment that people are confident in my work in the detailing industry that they’re willing to spend the money on sending their staff to me to learn.
    So this coming Tuesday (Most y’alls Monday) I will be doing my best to pass on the knowledge that I have absorbed throughout the years from a lot of places, & much of it from you guys, my Autogeek Family here on the Forum.
    So putting the final touches on my notes, going over the tips I got from Mike Phillips himself, things look to be taking shape, albeit whilst I should have been being a better Husband & Father.
    Wish me luck.

To throw some more duties on top of this, just over a Month ago I decided to hold a Raffle to raise funds for an Organisation here in New Zealand, (& specifically for our local branch) called Sands. Sands is a Support Organisation for Pregnancy, New Born & Infant Loss & as some of you may know, this is something unfortunately my Wife Ange & I have personal experience with having lost our precious Daughter Charlotte almost Four years ago.

So this Sunday, which is actually tomorrow as I sit here & write this at 10pm on a Saturday night, is also Fathers Day here in New Zealand. Four years ago on the 5th of September it was also Fathers Day, & that’s when Ange went into labour. I became a Father of A beautiful baby girl who will never grow old, & also a smashing little Man, who appears to be doing his best to make me grow old, my Son Benjamin.

Ten years to the day & again, the 5th of September was also Father’s Day & My Dad & I had just finished setting up our display at a Car Show locally here in my home town when Dad collapsed & passed away . . .
    Sadly I have very few pictures of my Dad, as he was for the most part the one behind the camera.

So Father’s Day is a day of unbelievable loss & incredible gain for me & this year I wanted to give something back & I chose to do that for Sands Marlborough.

Way back in January a few local petrol heads got together & organised a “Cars & Coffee” styled event here in town called “The Roadhouse Breakfast”. This has been a super cool event & has been well supported every Month throughout the year & being held on the first Sunday of every Month, tomorrow is the first Sunday of the Month & also Father’s Day.

Being strong supporters of this event & we as “Details” have been giving away spot prizes at every event to date & asking permission to hold the Raffle at The Roadhouse Breakfast was taken incredibly well. Everyone got behind it & this event has grown into a superb fund raiser for the organisation.

Here’s some pictures of a few vehicles that were out there last Month ...

So with my already busy week with a workload slightly excessive, into the mix came many many great folks coming into the shop to buy Raffle Tickets . . .

Resulting in a few late nights catching up on lost time all the while my beautiful Wife was left taking car of Benjamin & Jonty who were under the weather, meaning Ange had to take time off from her own job (running an electrical company) to nurse them, catch up on her own work after hours (end of Month stuff) & all the while managing to avoid divorcing me or even killing her over tired grumpy Husband . . .

Simply - Ange is incredible & I’m incredibly lucky.

Overwhelmingly, the support that has poured in from People & Businesses, not only locally but all around New Zealand has been very humbling. We have (right now) 40+ awesome prizes to be Raffled off tomorrow. Friends have driven their Classics Cars, Muscle Cars, Hotrods & what-have-you from far & wide & with the Weather forecast looking sublime we are hoping for a fantastic turnout.

I will be sure to let you know how it all went once is all done & dusted, how much money we raised & of course how our Training Event goes on Tuesday.

Thank you all for taking the time to read through this & anyone in the path of Hurricane Dorian - take care.

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Likes Misterpaul, fly07sti, DMiglio, Jim w, Diner and 7 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Almost Bit Off More Than I Could Chew ...

Aaryn, Happy Fathers Day, bittersweet as it may be. Those of us with a great wife are truly blessed. Hugs to her, the little Man and Jonty. I know I am blessed to have my lovely wife and I will never understand what that beautiful woman sees in me.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Happy Father's Day Aaryn!

Life is trials and tribulations but there's also all the good times. Helping out a good cause with all you've been through is a testament to you character.

I have a feeling your son will be just like you and that is something to be really proud of. Be sure to take care of the wife, she's the secret to your success.

Thanks for sharing!

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn, thanks for sharing your story...you are doing a bang up job both at the shop/training facility and with your charity contributions/shows/etc. I wish you a Happy Father's Day, health, continued success and happiness my friend!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

8. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool story and awesome how involved you are in your community. My condolences on your loss, but clearly you handle things the right way. Happy FD.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

10. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Fathers Day Aaryn!! Thanks so much for sharing your story, pictures and details, I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing the cool cars.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

12. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father’s Day my Brother. I just love watching Benjamin grow into a young boy and Jonty grown into a young man.
    My hat’s off to for helping out an organization like SANDS. They have helped my family immensely and I really don’t know how things would’ve gone without them. It has me in tears right now just trying to type this but I truly believe that my little Cooper and your little Charlotte are in somewhere in Heaven playing and laughing. When our time is over here in this life we will be able to see them again.
    We are both very lucky to have such great women to lean on and I look forward to the day to finally meet Ange and giving her a big hug. You’re an incredible Man and I wish you nothing but happiness and success in your life. I love you all.

14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing all of that, Aaryn.

You are one hell of a guy, and all of your family and friends are lucky to have YOU my man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nietzsche may have said it best ...

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."

Kudos to you for your efforts to help those who are now experiencing similar loss and pain as you (have) experienced.

Thanks for the great pics too. That Ben is too cute, and yowza, a McLaren M6 !

18. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father's Day Aaryn!

You are a great man and the things you do to contribute is just awesome.

Hope for a big success on the todays car meet and a lot of funds for the Sand! Had a little brother passing away 10 days old. Support to Sand is important to get taken care of the ones dealing with their loss.

Regards your friend Tony

20. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast