autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a random thought about Cancoat vs Mc Kees 37 Paint coating..

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Do any of you apply two coats of CanCoat for coverage, or just one? Same question for Mckees or PBL?
    Nick said that with the McKee's coating more is not better so only 1 coat is recommended.
    Bruno Soares

2. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you apply two coats of CanCoat for coverage, or just one? Same question for Mckees or PBL?
    I only used one coat at a time. However, on the last application I applied one coat and then about seven months later I applied a second coat in order to get me through the winter and add a little protection. Worked out just fine.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I only used one coat at a time. However, on the last application I applied one coat and then about seven months later I applied a second coat in order to get me through the winter and add a little protection. Worked out just fine.
    Did you use a prep polish prior to the second coat at 7 months? Iron Remover? Prep spray alone? Just a simple wash with no decon/prep?

I’m almost done asking questions, and I appreciate the responses!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    One coat is fine with CanCoat. Two coats will work as well according to Jeff from Gyeon. It is personal preference. As far as PBL, 1 is recommended. I have read one person who did two. I did 1 and it was good enough.
    Thanks Guz! I ask because I don’t trust myself with coatings yet. I always feel like I’m missing an area or doing some passes while the applicator is no longer holding wet product (this on wheel, window and headlight coatings... haven’t formally done paint coatings yet).

CanCoat I’m a bit less worried about as the coating lites usually are easier and flash more slowly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
    I see CC comes with multiple sprayer heads that must be flushed or they will clog up with cured material - but the McKees only comes with the one sprayer? I see both are claimed to do multiple vehicles with their respective containers.
    I've not used McKee's v2 in a long while. I have a never opened spray bottle still that is just as full when originally delivered and seems fine when I shake it. I do also have some leftover from other bottle and I don't use nor did I ever use their spray head. I use empty CarPro or GYEON dropper bottles in 50ml size. You can buy empty ones online but for me I simply re-use them as I do customer vehicles. I have an entire tote of empty dropper bottles, caps, lids, spray bottles and spray heads for a variety of products. Never throw them out as they are reusable and come in very handy.

Lastly, I do use another detailing sites empty spray bottles for my CanCoat applications. They are like $2per if that and well worth it. I don't even attempt to clean or reuse them, once I'm done I just pour the remaining Can Coat back into their original can and toss the used sprayers out.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guz! I ask because I don’t trust myself with coatings yet. I always feel like I’m missing an area or doing some passes while the applicator is no longer holding wet product (this on wheel, window and headlight coatings... haven’t formally done paint coatings yet).

CanCoat I’m a bit less worried about as the coating lites usually are easier and flash more slowly.
    Just use two towels minimum then you'll be good. If in case you really missed it, just apply the paint coating on top of the high spot so it reactivates then you can easily wipe away.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12