I was getting “itch” to try something new because…well just because! Prior to this weekend I was using Sonax PNS with BSD and was extremely happy with everything that PNS had to offer, great durability, awesome self-cleaning, buttery soft feel, off the charts beading, great protection, and it looked great.

I posted the question on the forums a few weeks ago asking what I should try (anything but a true coating), everybody had great suggestions as well as Mike P. My priority was great shine/finish, decent durability, and of course protection. Based on all of the suggestions and my own research, I was leaning towards BF Wet-Ice over Fire, Colinite, Pinnacle Souveran Paste or Liquid Wax and one or two others…Mike P offered a bottle of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax that he used at one of their Road Shows, which I quickly accepted…and man I am grateful I did!

I started out Friday evening with a full wash with BF Car Wash, chemical decontamination with Car Pro Iron-X, Clayed with BF Clay Mitt, I wasn’t going for the complete detail of all of the nooks and crannies simply because I didn’t have the time/daylight to do it, I was just going after the paint mainly. I was amazed at the amount of iron that was on the car since I decontaminated the car back in May/June, car was surrounded with the purple fall-out! I put the car to bed Friday night to fully dry and to get ready for the big day on Saturday!

I started around 8:45 Saturday morning (had to wait for the family to wake-up) with polishing the car using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish using LC White Pads that I recently had great luck with on my friends black Audi S4, I wasn’t try to do any major correction since I just used BF One Step back in June where I did the major correction on the paint…and fixed the first class marring job I did on it previously using another product (with crappy abrasives!).

I finished polishing the car around 2:00, I did pull the car out in the sun after the test spots, after half the hood, and after the entire car was polished just to confirm everything was still looking good….that 10 step walk to get between the car and the sun was a very loooong walk too!

I applied a very thin coat of Liquid Souveran Wax to the entire car, started with the hood, move to the roof, then sides, and finished with the rear end. It was very easy to apply, I put a few drops on a white pad, set my DA between 3-4 and made overlapping passes with no pressure….very very easy to apply but I must admit it took a little experimenting with the amount of product to put on the pad to not get too much product on the car.

I let the Souveran haze for about 10-20 minutes, did the finger test…and it was time to start wiping off with a White MF Towel (similar to the now famous Forrest Green MF Towels!). As I was wiping off, I followed the same pattern, hood, roof, etc…when I finished the passenger side of the car I stepped back looking from the front to the back, looking/wanting/striving for the “wow” moment that we all strive for…that was not the word that came out of my mouth, what came out of my mouth was “holy sh!t” (sorry moderators) and the biggest smile I’ve had since June!

The car now has a lot more gloss, tons more clarity, super depth, sharper reflections, slippery finish (mf towel slid off of the hood!)…just a “brighter/glassy” look and feel, my wife even noticed it when she came into the garage, and she never says anything about the cars! On Sunday afternoon, I applied a second coat of wax and that’s when I got a little more depth of reflection, looking at the overhead fluorescent light fixture looked different compared to Saturday!

In comparing PNS and Souveran…and going into this project I didn’t think I could get much better than PNS since the car looked so good I started to think, “am I wasting my time to only get a slight improvement”, man was I wrong. I admittedly not knowing the durability or quite frankly anything else about Souveran but the ease of application with Souveran in much better/easier in my climate, the “glassiness”, depth, shine, slickness of the paint is so much better than PNS (I still like the buttery soft feel of PNS!), the metal flake pops better with Souveran….just overall a better look for my Black TLX.

At this point there is absolutely nothing negative that I can say about my experience with Souveran at this point but I will try to keep this post updated in the coming weeks and months.

Thank you for allowing me to share my experience with Souveran!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk