autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure washer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer

SWETM said it.

I use a >Measure Master Graduated Cylinder< to measure soaps and dilutions. Really makes a difference in consistent results.
    It will help save money using more precise amounts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If I Remember Correctly IIRC and LSP Last Step Protection I think LOL.

Some car soap can be more aggressive when diluted to strong. As the one I use Carpro Reset car soap is when diluted to strong harsh on some waxes and sealants. There are 2 things when you dilute a car soap or prewash foam to strong. First it can desolve the protection and second it can mask it as the car soap residue won't rinse off free. So I at least try to dilute it as near as the manufactures recommendations. A little off would not be a hughe problem but maybe in the longrun. But with the more extreme of low car soap amounts to water dilutions it can be easy to dilute it as double or more if not measured or you have used it a lot and got a sense of how much is needed. I have a car soap that you dilute 1:1900 and that you don't measure with glugg glugg measure LOL. Even Carpro Reset car soap 1:500 and Meguiars Hyper Wash 1:400 is hard to get the right dilution if you don't measure it.

But you mentioned that you do rinseless or waterless washes in between the washes on the weekend with the 2bm. And as mentioned above it's also the aggitations when washing that is almost the most aggressive on the LSP. So then you can expect to apply the LSP more often if washing more than once a week. If you look where they are doing testing on Youtube with the chemical torture testing on different LSP. Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube does this and when he sees that the spray on let it dwell and rinse off don't do much of an impact on the LSP he testing. He use just a mf towel to lightly swipe over the panel and with the same cleaner he used before. And the results useally on sealants comes right away when he touch wash it instead of just rinse it off. So a touching wash even with a car soap is aggressive on any LSP as in it degrade it little by little. About the range of a week or so of the natuaral degrading of the LSP. So the more you washing than once a week you will wear down the LSP faster than if washed once a week. Then of cause different kind of LSP has different kind of longevity but even a long lasting LSP you can degrade faster than useally. This is of course not so big of a problem if you regualary apply a topper or refresh your base protection with another coat the first you see it degrade in the behavior. So the more you washing the often you need to be applying a protection on the paint. If you washing more than once a week LOL. Man am I keep repeating myself LOL.

And an extra tips don't ever use the 0 degree nozzle tip or a turbo nozzle tip on your car. It will be cutting through the paint if too close. I have a quite strong PW and with a 15 degree nozzle tip I hold it a foot away from the vehical and can go a little closer than that but not much. So if you have a 40 degree nozzle tip you would need to be have it a inch or 2 to be doing any possible damage. It's quite safe to use a PW if you use some common sense. I just do a touchless wash with a prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off and blowdry and done between the washes and it's much less harsh than if I where rinseless or waterless washing. Actually during the summer I can get away with touchless washing every week or so and every 3-4 wash I do a 2bm wash.

Guessing glug glug method equates to an ounce..lol I'm thinking of going towards PW and blowdrying with machine. Just the pw is so loud neighbors will probally not like it too much lol.. But who cares, not hurting anyone lol. I"m guessing touchless will insure wax won't fall off lol.. Well guess i have to keep testing how long it last and monitor.. Main thing is to always have sealant.

Good indicator to know if sealant needs reapply is touch right.. Like washing a cup with dawn soap from oil dish will yield in those squeak sound lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    SWETM said it.

I use a >Measure Master Graduated Cylinder< to measure soaps and dilutions. Really makes a difference in consistent results.
    It will help save money using more precise amounts.
    thanks i just got that now

i guess i over diluted for two reasons. Thought if i added more, I'll be doing more "cleansing" and the dilution seemed so week but guess have to follow directions lol. The rinseless wash i seems so diluted It seems like it's just water lol but im sure its enough lubricated and cleansing to get the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but if I get the feel when it comes to car soap properly diluted seems to be not so lubricated and not the cleaning ability from it. To me that's not a good car soap. Rinseless Wash and waterless washes I have non experience with them. But since you often dilute a rinseless wash to a waterless wash too. I don't think that's such a problem that you can get with a car soap.

I useally goes from after a wash when rinsing it off and if the water behavior is getting degraded performance. It's time to either reapply the LSP I have on or top it up with something to get a little longer time before I need to be reapplying it. This is not a certain way to tell if the LSP is getting done from protecting the paint. The hydrophobic layer can only be degraded on some LSP but it's still there. Some LSP has a darkening effect that you can see more if you apply the LSP again on a little spot if it's darkening effect is showing more than on the old LSP it's almost gone. But for me it's just easier to go with the water behavior as both beading and sheeting from it if it's needs reapplication or topped up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12