autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to get rid of these dings from bmw seat

So I had to give ride to someone to love some stuff and forgot to take water bottle in center console of my new x3 and when folding seats it left ding mark on a rather hard leather seat. Seat was down overnight so left impression . I got upset cause something you can double check easily but helping someone move I was more focused on getting items loaded. Saw on YouTube taking a heat gun or something but that was for the dog leather seats. And I don’t think will work on this. Am I out of luck or is there any tips tricks to lessen or get rid of this? Pictures coming soonHow to get rid of these dings from bmw seat-img_0369-jpgHow to get rid of these dings from bmw seat-img_0370-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to get rid of these dings from bmw seat

I was able to massage the leather to smooth it out a bit and seems it’s slightly better but not sure if should be massaging it or not but if there is other methods please share.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't stress. It will conform to its natural shape in time.

Don't use a heat gun, use a hair dryer, it's much safer solution if you are going forward with this.

If you need something to do that will really matter with your BMW appearance, Buy a decent hydraulic floor jack and take off your wheels and clean the barrels.

Don't let the BMW brake dust kill the transparency of your wheels. Maybe swap the pads to Akebono for less dust(first thing I did)

Noticed you are on E90post

4. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Don't stress. It will conform to its natural shape in time.

Don't use a heat gun, use a hair dryer, it's much safer solution if you are going forward with this.

If you need something to do that will really matter with your BMW appearance, Buy a decent hydraulic floor jack and take off your wheels and clean the barrels.

Don't let the BMW brake dust kill the transparency of your wheels. Maybe swap the pads to Akebono for less dust(first thing I did)
    Funny that you jump from leather topic to wheels cause brake dust is indeed problem.

What do you mean by wheel barrel you mean dust break gets in the wheel barrel and clings onto the wheel and destroying it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Funny that you jump from leather topic to wheels cause brake dust is indeed problem.

What do you mean by wheel barrel you mean dust break gets in the wheel barrel and clings onto the wheel and destroying it?

Over time the brake dust will bake into the paint of the wheels, inside/outside. It is better to attack it now from the start.
    If you don't clean the insides of your wheels may the lord have mercy.

Since it is a 2019 they wont be so bad. You could coat them for a more bulletproof solution, at least for a years worth of protection.
    Make sure you have a set of Wheel Woolies if you don't already own them.

Yeah, but the seats, saulgoodman

7. Likes animescreen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with both. Time will heal the leather and dump the BMW brand brake pads. I’ve never pulled my wheels off to clean them (bad back), using Wheel Woolies and Iron-X does a passable job if you can’t remove the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Over time the brake dust will bake into the paint of the wheels, inside/outside. It is better to attack it now from the start.

Since it is a 2019 they wont be so bad. You could coat them for a more bulletproof solution, at least for a years worth of protection.

I do clean them once a week and rains a lot I’m seattle so seems it will usually clear from puddle driving once in awhile (maybe?) but is garaged too.

I can do rinseless or waterless wash on them as well I’m garage . But what kind of sealant will be good? Ceramic coating for wheels? Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    I do clean them once a week and rains a lot I’m seattle so seems it will usually clear from puddle driving once in awhile (maybe?) but is garaged too.

I can do rinseless or waterless wash on them as well I’m garage . But what kind of sealant will be good? Ceramic coating for wheels? Wax?
    You have to come to terms with what you are 100 percent, no doubt going to do, to achieve wheel protection nirvana.

For me there is only one...take wheels off and deal with it. Meaning,clean and coat.
    Go with a coating if you are going to take them off. I will tell you for real, Sonax BSD is an excellent, easy wheel protectant choice, well depending how much you clean them.
    It works on the tires to. I used PNS on a set of summer wheels to see how it would hold up and it works great. Follow up with BSD after washing.

I just bought some Pinnacle wheel coating but haven't used it yet. It gets good marks and it is a great deal with the 4oz bottle.

If you are treating on the car do the faces and follow up or just use something like CarPro Hydro2.

Post Thanks / Like

What you mean Saul Goodman he’s the guy from breaking bad lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I agree with both. Time will heal the leather and dump the BMW brand brake pads. I’ve never pulled my wheels off to clean them (bad back), using Wheel Woolies and Iron-X does a passable job if you can’t remove the wheels.
    So all this is coming from brake pads .. I’ll change it once it’s done with something else but works fine now lol so no need . I did get iron x and I just spray it on rim and let it settle then rinse right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast