autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

Hello folks,

Apologies if the question sounds silly.
    I am going to use Klasse couple on my cars this week. I was wondering if there is any special treatment for microfiber towels used during the process. I have been reading that sealant esp. is pretty strong so if I allow it to dry on the towel, the towel may become useless. Just soaking in water is enough before running through the laundry to avoid material hardening on the towel?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am pretty sure there are folks preferring other products over Klasse but for time being I am going to use this before trying other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

If your worried about it you can have a separate bucket mixed with a little bit of laundry soap or better yet, micro fiber specific soap, mixed in a bucket and simply throw them in and let soak till your ready to wash.

Btw, what's your application method for KSGMicrofiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SixZee View Post
    Hello folks,

Apologies if the question sounds silly.
    I am going to use Klasse couple on my cars this week. I was wondering if there is any special treatment for microfiber towels used during the process. I have been reading that sealant esp. is pretty strong so if I allow it to dry on the towel, the towel may become useless. Just soaking in water is enough before running through the laundry to avoid material hardening on the towel?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am pretty sure there are folks preferring other products over Klasse but for time being I am going to use this before trying other stuff.
    Nothing wrong with Klasse.

Do not feel like you have to grab every new product available to be posting here.

Do yourself a favor, and heed Klasse Act's advice above.

And he will also direct you to the best application method known to man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

It was passed onto me via a place I first bought it from back in 2005 or 06, long time agoMicrofiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Please share!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here's the method I use to apply Klasse sealant glaze.

Items needed:

-medium sized bowl, if its larger no problem

-smallish spray bottle, say 4 to 8 oz

-cotton or Microfiber square applicator

-short nap mf towel, one used to remove polish for instance

-seperate plush mf for final buff, if needed

-KSG, ofcoarse, LOL

Procedure for application and removal:

-Fill the bowl with warm water

-Fill your 4-8 oz spray bottle with KSG

-Place your applicator in the bowl, making sure it's completely saturated with water and then wring out so it's just damp, NOT dripping!

-Take the spray bottle and spray 1-2 squirts of KSG into the applicator. Less is more here, so if it squirts out in a single, narrow line, 2 lines would be enough, if it's a wide mist, 1 is enough.

-Work a section at a time, say the area the size of a 1/3 of fender for instance. Rub it in left to right and up and down and just keep working it in. It's not going to look like your applying it but you are, trust me! Once you've done that take the short nap mf towel and wipe it off, grab your plush towel for the final buff. Next move along the entire the car the same way.

***DO NOT USE ON GLASS***

Once your done the car will have a "candied" finish, like a plastic look. Wait 12 hrs till you apply the 2nd coat as this product is acrylic and needs to cure. If it stays inside it shouldn't be too dusty and if you don't see any dust just go ahead and apply that 2nd coat but if you see or think you see "something" just to a quick wipe with your favorite QD or preferably Mckee's N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash as they have no gloss enhancers, just pure clean. The 2nd coat will REALLY make the paint glossy, almost looking fake but in a good way, same thing here, let it cure for 12 hrs. Once cured it's ok for it to get wet, no restrictions with washing but I suppose if you wait a little longer it's ok because then its outside in the sun curing further.

Btw, you don't need to follow the same procedure for KAIO but I do find using the damp applicator a nice way to apply it and ofcoarse you'd apply KAIO before KSG. Finally, make sure your paint is looking it's very best before you apply a product like KSG.

Any questions, don't hesitste... oh wait, I sound like Brian from Apex Detailing here, LOLMicrofiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

8. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Klasse Act. I just followed your suggestion with laundry detergent.

For application of both, I followed advice from The Complete Klasse Car Wax Guide – How To Use Klasse Products (The Right Way!) – Ultimate Guide to Detailing I was REALLY hesitant that everyone was saying KSG is finicky to apply (and this is my very first time detailing the car) but it turned out way better than I expected.

Only one thing, I wish I would have used a spray bottle, getting a dime size KSG out of that container was not an easy task. It is thin in consistency, I was expecting it to be a little thicker. I plan to apply the second coat in 2 days (busy tomorrow) and the car will be parked under the sky so I will use Meguiar's Ultimate Quick detailer (just because I have ready) before second coat application.

Thanks for the detailed steps.

(Have one more question about using Collinite 845 on top but to avoid mixing the threads, would appreciate if you could comment on a new thread.)

Post Thanks / Like

ZERO need to top KSG with anything because it will totally change the glossy looks you just achieved, just my .02 cents worthMicrofiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,

Two more questions if you don't mind.

- The guide that I linked, it mentions using meguiar's quick detailer (red bottle) with some Klasse high gloss sealant as a quick detailer after a wash. Do you think thats a good idea? I would like to maintain some of my efforts throughout the winter. I have Reynaud's like symptoms so can't stay out in the cold for long. I thought Quick detailer with sealant is a neat idea and I can be done detailing within 15 minutes or so.

- My car is parked under the tree all the time. Always gets covered with the sap. I usually clean it with 91% rubbing alcohol. Does alcohol remove klasse sealant? (or you have any other suggestion to remove tree sap?)

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, mix up your own solution, been doing it for years and years, call it FrankenDetailer. I make a gallon at a time using distilled water. Pour out about 4 ounces of water from the gallon and add 1 oz of KSG and about 2 ounces of your favorite WW/RW. I always had good luck with Wolfgang Uber RW, Duragloss RW and CarPro Ech2o but if you use Ech2o, just add 1 oz of it with the 1 oz of KSG, it's so concentrated.

Shake it very well before each use, this combo is a proven winner and can be used on a wet, just washed car as a drying aid as well as on a dry car that was just washed/driedMicrofiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

Any questions, don't hesitsteMicrofiber towel treatment after using Klasse AIO and Sealant

13. Thanks SixZee thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast