autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Seattle detailers? RAIN RAIN RAIN obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Yeah if i did wax every month, i'm guessing it will have like wax buildup and get thick right? How bout 3-4 months. Just allows me to do something on a rainy day haha

Spray on rinse/wipe extender wax (have any particular make model to get?)

Rinseless washes you mean those machines you pay like 10-14$ ? Not sure what you mean by rinsless washes..

When you
    there's a boatload. someone already mentioned sonax. theres hydor blue, 10 minute spray. a product called spray and seal that i forget who makes it.

rinseless wash is a product that you fill up a bucket with and wipe the car down. no need to use a hose at all. saves time and water for a car that's not terribly dirty. do some searching and you'll find popular products and more info on it.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Seattle detailers? RAIN RAIN RAIN obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    So is ceramic coating is now taking over wax as a sealant?

I like the waxing using orbital but seems if I have to choose one or the other for being in Seattle I should check out the ceramic coating

Is ceramic coating quicker then waxing and can be done in tight garage right?

How is shine compare to wax?

Can you put wax on. Top of ceramic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ceramic is the newest trend yes. but its not idiot proof and to do it right is expensive and time consuming. however, the results last much longer. I'd argue that wax is kinda dead and that there are some good sealants that can do wonders for less effort and cost then a ceramic. But certainly there's no denying the longevity of a ceramic car. I'd argue that the maintenance washes and other things required for them need to be factored into the process. It's not just coat it and forget if for 3 years like some marketing would lead you to believe. I personally don't believe rain has much to do with a sealed or coated car, other than how long the product lasts. If anything, and I'll probably get some hate for this, but a tough environment would need more frequent applications and you could make the argument for 1 or 2 seal jobs a year is better than an annual coat or even 18 months of a coat.

you can top a coated car with wax yes, but not the other way around.

edit to say that mike has a good article titled "the case against ceramic coatings" that you should read. It specifically gets into the road grime factor that rainy environments deal with.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12