autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rain

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rain

I have a cousin who is over 70 years old,and he has almost always had a black vehicle. They stay spotless. I have no idea how he does it after all these years!

This time of year can be frustrating. It can be dry as a bone,but pop up an afternoon storm. Just enough to mess up your fresh detail. Or,it can be rainy as all get out

Post Thanks / Like

All of the never again comments about black vehicles crack me up. I have always had black vehicles, so I completely understand where everyone is coming from. I’ve just come to accept that it isn’t going to look perfect all of the time, but the way it looks when it’s all cleaned up makes it worth it for me. Gotta learn to take the good with the bad with black. Having said that though, my new truck drives me crazy as it seems to scratch if you look at it the wrong way. I’m planning on getting some kind of coating on it as soon as I have some free time to try to help with this. I have PA Viking Coat on my other truck and it stays much cleaner than before.

3. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIsnowman View Post
    All of the never again comments about black vehicles crack me up. I have always had black vehicles, so I completely understand where everyone is coming from. I’ve just come to accept that it isn’t going to look perfect all of the time, but the way it looks when it’s all cleaned up makes it worth it for me. Gotta learn to take the good with the bad with black. Having said that though, my new truck drives me crazy as it seems to scratch if you look at it the wrong way. I’m planning on getting some kind of coating on it as soon as I have some free time to try to help with this. I have PA Viking Coat on my other truck and it stays much cleaner than before.
    My thing is I don’t care about it being harder to clean or looking bad when dirty. It’s permanent damage water marks scratches and swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

When I ordered my BMW back in 2007 I specifically spec'ed black. I used it as my detailing doctorate thesis. I wanted THE color to hone my skills and technique. It is still my favorite color to work on but I now want something with color. Not because of upkeek, just changed my preferences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    My thing is I don’t care about it being harder to clean or looking bad when dirty. It’s permanent damage water marks scratches and swirls.
    Yep, I totally get that. Like I said, I’m currently dealing with the scratch/swirl issue with my new truck. Never really had that problem with my other vehicles, although I know I didn’t pay as much attention as I do now.

Hopefully you find an acceptable solution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12