autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Need some Advice / Input on a possible Semi Ceramic Coating Detail

Need some advice and or input on a possible Semi (2020 Peterbilt 389 (Sleeper) to be exact) Ceramic Coating detail.

Need some Advice / Input on a possible Semi Ceramic Coating Detail-64919802_884026395285199_395559972496211968_n-jpg

I had an individual reach out to me for a quote on how much it would cost to ceramic coat the exterior of a Peterbilt he just bought. Supposedly the dealer is going to have the exterior dialed in (he said prepped and machine polished) , so all I would have to do is apply a ceramic coating to majority of the exterior. There is supposedly a warehouse I can use for the job. He's a referral from someone that has supposedly used my services before and recommended me.

Now the reason I'm asking for help is because I've had no experience with Semi's or anything that large in the past, so I have no idea on the time it would take or what would need to be done to get to different area's of the rig. The largest thing I've had experience with in the past is Mercedes Sprinter vans.

I currently offer CarPro CQuartz as a coating (2 year coating). Just in case you guys ask.

So any input would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I would love to take the job, but don't want to get out of my expertise and want to make sure the client gets the best experience either it be with me or someone else.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Re: Need some Advice / Input on a possible Semi Ceramic Coating Detail

If it were me - I would want to inspect the paint after the dealer buff job.

I would also ask what brand of polish was used, pads and tool.

I guess I’m a tick cynical in that there’s still too many places using only rotary buffers.

Mike Phillips

I’ve never coated a Semi. Hopefully someone on this forum has and will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I’ve never coated a Semi. Hopefully someone on this forum has and will chime in.

Thanks for responding Mike!

Yeah it seems like no one I've come across has.
    I honestly want to say having him ppf the whole front and follow it up with a professional level ceramic coating would be his best option.
    Sadly I currently only provide CarPro CQuartz which isn't designed for the type of driving he's going to be doing.