Hello everyone , its been a few years I have been away from detailing as well as the forum. So I am in the need of some advice from a detailer that has been through this specific experience.

I'm in the middle of correcting the paint on a brand spanking new 2019 Yamaha R1 motorcycle that was taken directly out of the crate, assembled and "waxed" by the dealership with a nasty chalky wax and RED COTTON SHOP RAGS (the evidence of the red shop rags was left behind on all the edges of the decals). So as you could expect on this soft Japanese paint the dealer did a really good job of installing some fresh swirls, free of charge. The only good thing is that its corrected extremely easily. Simply a red hydrotech pad and Sonax Perfect-Finish both cut polished and finished the paint brilliantly. Even the areas by hand corrected with ease. Luckily only the top half of the motorcycle is clearcoat blue and the lower half is matte black. The matte black was very resilient and does not swirl.

I'm done with the paint and the only area left to address is the windshield or windscreen of the motorcycle. Its oem and appears to be plastic of polycarbonate or something like that. Its non tinted and clear. Its got some nice swirls in it so I attempted to polish it out like I did the paint. Started with a red HT pad and perfect-finish and it did nothing. So I stepped up to an orange cutting HT pad and perfect finish. It was very late lastnight and when I checked it theres still plenty of swirls. I started to get worried and questioned if I was adding to the defects but I do not think so. So before I continued on I want to make sure In not doing anything wrong regarding adding to much heat or using the wrong pad. I was under the assumption that the windshield would be really soft and correct easier than the paint but I was wrong.

Is there anyone on the forum with experience correcting a windscreen on a motorcycle. Can you give me any advice so i can avoid making this worse off than it is and getting stuck not being able to get this perfect. I'm at a point still where I can just back off and leave it as is instead of introducing a bunch of defects into it that was caused by me.

I have a good understanding of how to troubleshoot and what the typical next step would be when paint correcting so I would prefer help from someone who has actually been in this same situation that i'm in here and has successfully corrected clear windscreens. TIA.

,mike