autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Crystal Clear vs. Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If OP washes outside windows windows regularly and don’t plan on using any other rain repellent, stick to Pinnacle or WG. If you don’t care about repellent or already use a glass coating or Rain-X, go with Meg’s or any other cheap one found on AG. They are all fine glass cleaners, as mentioned there’s no need to overthink this one aspect of detailing.
    I do use Rain-X. The reason I was looking at these is because I have a Jeep and it's terrible on longer trips about collecting bugs on the front glass. I was looking for something that I could keep inside and still give a tad bit of protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nprotz View Post
    I do use Rain-X. The reason I was looking at these is because I have a Jeep and it's terrible on longer trips about collecting bugs on the front glass. I was looking for something that I could keep inside and still give a tad bit of protection.
    The WG and Pinnacle will add a fresh, but less substantial sealing layer that may help when applied during trips (not to mention it’s good to have glass cleaner on a trip). They are probably good choices for your needs.

3. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One glass cleaner I like a lot is Sonax Glass Cleaner. I use it mainly for the inside glass as it's ability to cling on great to the glass is awesome. Then on top of that it's cleaning ability is top notch on most dirt.

The thing though with getting a greatly cleaned glass with whatever glass cleaner you use. Is to have enough of great mf glass cleaning towels. When a mf glass towel is to dirty and saturated with dirt it's gonna leave streaks. So have more than one mf glass towel in your Jeep or any other vehical is my recommendation. If you are dealing with a lot of dirt on the glass a 2 step towel method is what I use. First mf glass towel for the heavy dirt removal followed with a second mf glass towel to get the streaking aka dirt residue off completly. As for an really dirty windshield I can use all 8 sides off a folded mf glass towel with no nap. And do the windshield in 8 squares and follow up with a second towel to wipe down the whole windshield at 2 sides with a little glass cleaner on only to be wetting the little streaking that's left behind. This is when extreme and not when you are able to rinse it off or even wash it first. Often it's enough to split it in 2 and keep looking at how it streaks and if started to streak you fold to a new clean side of the mf glass towel. I like the no nap glass mf towels for the initial cleaning of the glass. And the second towel is more important to soak up the remaining glass cleaner and dirt so a WW mf towel or a plusher mf glass towel is a great one to this.

With a great glass cleaner it's evaporate in away so you are able to get it to clean before evaporated off. With strong glass cleaners this can be a problem when you work on to large of a section. This is where the Sonax Glass Cleaner is awesome in it's take just about the time for it to evaporate when you have finished cleaning the glass. And if you have soaked up the water in the glass cleaner the rest is evaporated off cleanly without the streaking.

5. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Rmd, nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll add a little to this discussion and everyone is sharing what works for them. My first gallon purchase from AG was a 1-gallon special of Blackfire Glass cleaner. It's good but my suggestion to my co-workers is to drop into local stores and find Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner. Really easy to use and found everywhere. I too have used a another product for glass that does a wonderful job with no streaking, not sold by AG. It is double in cost to my other options so I use it only on personal vehicles (only on exterior glass). I have used Sonax and find it good but the price scares me. PaulMys did hit upon a key issue, it is the method you use and the way you apply and dry the surface. For another option, use ONR mixture in a spray bottle (1-oz ONR to 256-oz Water). That and doing it in this order seems to work for me once I tried Levi Gate's method last year.

Try watching this video as AG does sell their towels and of course Optimum products:
    YouTube

7. Thanks nprotz thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12