autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Coating finisher

I know, I took the bait. Topper for a coating!! I know what we have all said. I recently put Gyeon Cure on my truck, I ordered Gyeon Booster and topped it 14 days after the Cure. According to Gyeon it is supposed to boost hydrophobicity and endurance. The application of Booster was a little different from coating application. Same foam block covered with small suede microfiber. When you spread the Booster it doesn't leave a visible trail, which is what the website says is right. This is my first use of Gyeon's coating, so I'm in hope's of good results and good longevity. From an appearance and surface slickness aspect, I'm really pleased. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating finisher

Quote Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
    I know, I took the bait. Topper for a coating!! I know what we have all said. I recently put Gyeon Cure on my truck, I ordered Gyeon Booster and topped it 14 days after the Cure. According to Gyeon it is supposed to boost hydrophobicity and endurance. The application of Booster was a little different from coating application. Same foam block covered with small suede microfiber. When you spread the Booster it doesn't leave a visible trail, which is what the website says is right. This is my first use of Gyeon's coating, so I'm in hope's of good results and good longevity. From an appearance and surface slickness aspect, I'm really pleased. Stay tuned.

If you used Gyeon “cure you would have applied the booster 1st as with coatings you should start with longest lasting and cure only last 1-3 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Agree w Coatingsarecrack. Cure is more of a maintenance product. I wouldn’t consider it a coating. I use it to maintain my Gyeon Mohs and as a drying aid.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

As the others have said, you've essentially put two very different types of boosters on top of each other.

Booster is a complimentary product for Gyeon's Mohs, Pure, or One coatings and designed to make a traditional coating feel more slick and inprove the hyrdrophobic properties of the coating. Cure is an occasional "touch" up product to provide short term improvements in feel and water behavior for the coatings already mentioned or CanCoat.

I use Cure a monthy topper to CanCoat and it does provide a bit of a boost, but I wouldn't count on it to deliver any long term benifit.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon's website specifically recommends Booster up to 2 weeks after Pure and their other coatings are applied as a booster. Someone chime in that has used it this way. I hope I'm right because that stuff is pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

Pure is not a booster, it is a mid level coating. At least according to Gyeon.

Post Thanks / Like

There is confusion as you say Cure in your original thread but now you are saying Pure. So which is it?

8. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
    Gyeon's website specifically recommends Booster up to 2 weeks after Pure and their other coatings are applied as a booster. Someone chime in that has used it this way. I hope I'm right because that stuff is pricey.

Booster isnt so much a stand alone topper as a complimentary addition to one of the Gyeon 'base' coatings, One, Pure or Mohs. It needs to be applied relatively soon after the base coating as it 'integrates/reacts' with the base coating to give it additional beneficial bn properties.

From Gyeon Jeff in another thread:

Q2 Booster, like Q2 Bead in DuraBead, is a Fluorine based top coat designed to increase surface tension and throw the water beading characteristics through the roof. The Fluorine base of Q2 Booster is performing a chemical reaction with the Q2 Mohs underneath, and is not a true additional layer. Q2 Booster also needs to be applied before Q2 Mohs has cured, so it is best to apply them as a system and in sequence. Q2 Booster will not do much good say 6 months down the road. It can also be applied over any high quality coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    There is confusion as you say Cure in your original thread but now you are saying Pure. So which is it?
    Sorry if I made it confusing by the way I worded it guys. It is both. First application was Q2Pure, followed by Booster. Pure being the coating, Booster being a topper or enhancer.

Post Thanks / Like

I just reread my original post, and like a dumb@$$, I did say Cure. Of course I meant Pure. You guys are just supposed to know what I mean, no matter how I say it. Sorry for my mistake.