autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Cheap Microfiber Towels

So after trying a number of cheap towels I am yet to find one I trust. Let me start, Kirklands are not good MF towels. They are a chinese made 80/20 around 300 gsm towel that after 2-3 washes get harder. They dont tend to release debris during a wash cycle either. They scratch I-Beams, high gloss interior panels, certain soft clear coat paint...like mine and I am just not a fan. Members Mark (Sams Club) are worse...skip!!! I have tried a handful of other cheapos none worth mentioning. So which ones to go with? I need them mostly for polishing and buffing the exterior for waxing and paint work. Let me know. There are so many out there it is making my head spin!! Also, looking for some for WW and RW. Going to start color coding them as well...any ideas I am all ears!
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Cheap Microfiber Towels

You gotta buy real towels u get what u pay for. 70/30 blends are the good ones. Rag company sells the best and they are available from autogeek. 365 GSM edgeless is a good all purpose paint towel that aren't super expensive

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't you just answer your own question is your post? Quality towels aren't that expensive

Post Thanks / Like

The Gold Plush Juniors have always been my favorite towels. Buy the 24 pack during a 25% off sale and they’re reasonable.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

5. Likes VISITOR, cyclops liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soapboxpreacher View Post
    Members Mark (Sams Club) are worse...skip!!! So which ones to go with? I need them mostly for polishing and buffing the exterior for waxing and paint work. Let me know.
    i use sam`s club mf towels with no issues , around 9years , swirl free on any paint , you must put too much pressure or have a heavy hand that you get scratches with this towels.
    use 2 folded that way you have more cushion and absorbs the pressure.....
    when comes to paint , is all about to have the towel soft and the hand pressure, you should look into that , it may not be the towel , may be the operator.... no offense just another option....
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

7. Likes Jon TDS, AaronE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not going to find the best mf towel that is cheap period.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m fine with the Kirkland towels. And for the price, easily replaced.

10. Likes Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to pick just 1 all around everything towel it would be the Creature edgeless towel on the cheap(cheaper)

The dual pile makes it versatile and the no hem design lets you fish into crevices easy.
    The only caveat I have is they have a tendency to rollover on themselves if your grip isn't correct.

They can be found for a deal. They used to be a deal at 20 for 10 but then the world found them.

Nice and thick but not too plumpy.

Those 50cent Kirklands are a must for wheels, tires,jambs, trunks and engine bays.
    End of life is when I wipe the garage floor and toss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott in Houston View Post
    I’m fine with the Kirkland towels. And for the price, easily replaced.
    I was with my Jeep, not the tesla. Bummed because they are so cheap! However they do not hold up well in the wash. After 3 washes with no dye no scent detergent they started to get hard. Lost there plush feel. Dried on low/delicate as well. They are glass duty now. I can also use them on some other interior spots but not the center console for that was the first time I noticed some fine scratches. I use 303 as well as some car guys interior cleaner so I cant imagine it was from that stuff. Especially after I used a different MF without scratching with either 303 or car guys. Might have been a bad batch...they are 80/20 not 70-/30 and the pile is probably around 300 at most. I tear the tags off as well. And do the 8 fold to make sure I always use a fresh side. My issue is the soft finish on that car. Its a pain and makes this process harder. Cant take this car to any wash...even touchless. Just dont trust it after this winters mess it left.
    ----------------------

13. Thanks Scott in Houston thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    i use sam`s club mf towels with no issues , around 9years , swirl free on any paint , you must put too much pressure or have a heavy hand that you get scratches with this towels.
    use 2 folded that way you have more cushion and absorbs the pressure.....
    when comes to paint , is all about to have the towel soft and the hand pressure, you should look into that , it may not be the towel , may be the operator.... no offense just another option....
    What color are you Sams ones? The ones I have from them...which I bet are could be a one season brand are dark blue with an orange edge around them however they have no tag either which is actually nice!. They might not have been Members Mark but I got them at Sams they shed like crazy. The Kirklands feel softer.
    ----------------------

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast