autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jetseal

Post Thanks / Like

Jetseal

I know this is a risky subject, but I got a sample of jetseal and put two coats of it on my car and was very inpressed with the look, but I was wondering how its durability was, has anyone else here used it and if so whats your take on it? Reply or pm me, not sure if AG will like me talking about an of site product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jetseal

They say at least 6 months, but I'm not too sure about that. I got 3 months pretty easily though.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my ultimate sealant for wheels. I had chrome rims on my g/f's previous car ('97 Acura 3.2 TL), and they all had hard water spots from sprinklers. I used DP high performance glass restorer, which works very well on chrome rims, got rid of water spots (it was still not easy, those water spots have been there for months), and jetsealed those rims. It cures fast, and looks awesome. Haven't tried it on paint yet. As far as durability I don't expect it to last as long as DG #105, but it should be 2nd in terms of durability.
    That previous car was sold, so I never tested it's durability, but expect it to be 2 months+ on wheels, when washed with gentle soap and water (forget NXT or Citrus wash and gloss).
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to try it on my rims, ecen though I'm not sure about the durability on paint, it did give my car the wettest looking finish I have ever seen, even more than DG 105 which for a while was the only thing that looked good on my white car, Im just curois what people think about it. Oh and it had to be the easiest sealant to apply I have ever used, I would say give it a try on paint. I also go some wash and gloss like you mentioned, whats your take on it, haven't been able to use mine, came in the day I was leaving to go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    This is my ultimate sealant for wheels. I had chrome rims on my g/f's previous car ('97 Acura 3.2 TL), and they all had hard water spots from sprinklers. I used DP high performance glass restorer, which works very well on chrome rims, got rid of water spots (it was still not easy, those water spots have been there for months), and jetsealed those rims. It cures fast, and looks awesome. Haven't tried it on paint yet. As far as durability I don't expect it to last as long as DG #105, but it should be 2nd in terms of durability.
    That previous car was sold, so I never tested it's durability, but expect it to be 2 months+ on wheels, when washed with gentle soap and water (forget NXT or Citrus wash and gloss).

Post Thanks / Like

I found it to be alot of hype .. someone here sent me a sample. I still thing the Mirror (green sealant) from them looked better and lasted about as long. When the pricing is that high, it really needs to move sealants to the next level. Ultima and FMJ are two others at this price spectrum that left something more to be desired.

Post Thanks / Like

killr. curious what you didn't like about ultima sealant. agree on the fmj but i have had good results with the ultima for several months now.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone here compared Jetseal to Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant ? Whats your take on these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pt91 View Post
    killr. curious what you didn't like about ultima sealant. agree on the fmj but i have had good results with the ultima for several months now.
    the final offering didnt look as good nor last as long as the trial RD49 version. I really was stoked when it was released, only to find they were more concerned with making a walk away product (no buffing) like Zaino Clearseal and Optimums Opti-seal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I found it to be alot of hype .. someone here sent me a sample. I still thing the Mirror (green sealant) from them looked better and lasted about as long. When the pricing is that high, it really needs to move sealants to the next level. .
    I think this is one of those rare occasions that we agree ... I found he miror sealent looked better and costs much less. I thought jetseal sucked, it didnt look great, didnt last as long asI would have liked for the price...

Post Thanks / Like

all I know is that collinite 476 owned it on a durability test over on autopia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast