autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR vs Aero Cosmetics wash wax all?

First are these even comparable? ONR has a great rep. I am in search of a decent rinseless and/or waterless product. Aero is sold on amazon and I try not to support them when other options are available like AG. The reviews are ridiculous over 2000 overwhelmingly positive! It’s fairly inexpensive little over a buck a wash. I’ve seen how it works but have no experience. Looks like an average product IMO. Not that ONR is the best but it is the standard that everyone measures against. Curious how it stacks up? I believe the comparison would be wash and shine with Carnauba for onr to aero cosmetics wash wax all. But then there are some other ww and rw options such as carpro ech2o which can be used to clay by adjusting ratios and so on. Very versatile. Uber is tall cash so it’s not quite on my radar. Button line need to start getting into ww and rw. I am a little nervous with the soft finish on the Tesla. So keep that in mind. Oh and I am doing the front bumper and rear with PPF so I need something that is safe for paint protection film. I believe onr and aero both are. One thing I see a lot of people that like onr but don’t love it. I believe it was the original so I’m sure this comes from new products being out that are just better now, although I think onr is still great. Finally I like the mix products, they seem like a better value as well.
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR vs Aero Cosmetics wash wax all?

Quote Originally Posted by soapboxpreacher View Post
    First are these even comparable? ONR has a great rep. I am in search of a decent rinseless and/or waterless product. Aero is sold on amazon and I try not to support them when other options are available like AG. The reviews are ridiculous over 2000 overwhelmingly positive! It’s fairly inexpensive little over a buck a wash. I’ve seen how it works but have no experience. Looks like an average product IMO. Not that ONR is the best but it is the standard that everyone measures against. Curious how it stacks up? I believe the comparison would be wash and shine with Carnauba for onr to aero cosmetics wash wax all. But then there are some other ww and rw options such as carpro ech2o which can be used to clay by adjusting ratios and so on. Very versatile. Uber is tall cash so it’s not quite on my radar. Button line need to start getting into ww and rw. I am a little nervous with the soft finish on the Tesla. So keep that in mind. Oh and I am doing the front bumper and rear with PPF so I need something that is safe for paint protection film. I believe onr and aero both are. One thing I see a lot of people that like onr but don’t love it. I believe it was the original so I’m sure this comes from new products being out that are just better now, although I think onr is still great. Finally I like the mix products, they seem like a better value as well.
    I like Ech2o for sealant and coated cars as a rinsewash. McKee's 37 N914 for rinseless washes for cars that aren't protected. Onr for presoak and quick touch ups.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

id go with n914, best bang for the buck and low dilution ratio.

5. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Soap, if the weather and our schedules ever come around, I've got plenty of options for you. How often do you think you'll do a WWONR vs Aero Cosmetics wash wax all?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Soap, if the weather and our schedules ever come around, I've got plenty of options for you. How often do you think you'll do a WWONR vs Aero Cosmetics wash wax all?

Not sure, Today would be a day I would leave the car in the garage and do it. Tomorrow its suppose to be better. Got nothing going if your around. The more I read about the WW and RW. It seems a hybrid of both is a pretty good way to go. 1 Gallon bucket with RW and a spray bottle. 6 MF towels and some drying MFs too. Presoak a panel let sit for 2-4 mins (not to dry) allowing the RW to pull the dirty from the surface then hit it with the MF soaked with RW and dispose of the MF when all 8 sides are dirty never using it again. Optima seems like a really good product and might be what Uber is based off of. WW I am not certain I would do. Aero has awesome reviews and I have seen a number of folks using it on their teslas with great results. But I just worry about the dirty getting marred in and so on. That car has such soft finish...even RW I worry. I do like the idea of RW for claying too...I blow thru Quick Detail on a claying pretty fast. Just my train of thought. Just want to get all the stuff I need and be done. I am accumulating too much stuff. Much I feel I might be wasting money on. I will still 2 bucket for as you know Klasse the roads can get pretty ugly here and I wouldnt trust RW between the bugs, bird crap, the tar, the salt and so on, we dont live in Florida, AZ ot Texas. If we did, might have a different story. Plus I am on a well so I wont have any water restrictions. My water is softened that comes to my outside hose sill by my garage. Previous owners might have put that in. I am mixed about soft water. As it removes some minerals it introduces salt and that equals spots if you are not careful. We have a very High TDS in our water here. I have a Iron Breaker which removes a ton of stuff and the water softener does the rest. So I have a tricky combo of stuff add in the fact that I have no shade to wash outside it makes everything tough. I have an RO but is is small capacity and I would not use it for washing other then mixing up a RW batch or so on. Which brings me back to why im thinking it might be nice to do the RW for using the RO water is definitely better then the straight soft. To be honest, I really dont know what I am doing. Just trying to find a few methods and products associated to be able to easily keep my ride looking great for a long while. My intention is to keep the Model 3 for as long as I can...at least that is the intention so it starts with caring for it the best I can to get the most out of it. I really love it. Best vehicle I have every driven by a massive margin.
    ----------------------

Post Thanks / Like

The concerns on soft paint are valid for sure and I can't comment as I'm not sure about the hardness of my current car but because its Asian I'd say its softer. That said, I've done several WW's in the month I've owned it and haven't noticed any issues. I understand your concerns about the dirt when doing a WW because you don't pre-treat but this is where you've gotta trust the chemistry from the company and IMO using something like AMMO NYC Frothe will give you that level of confidenceONR vs Aero Cosmetics wash wax all? I also like Mckee's N914 as well, can't go wrong with either one, it's all about tools (mf towels) and technique (you) and once your dialed in your good to go.

This weekend sucks across the board, weather and temps suck!

10. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do these remove wax? Seems like they would? I use WGDGPS 3.0 and Collinite 845 over the top, does ONR, Mckee's and Optima strip it? I saw a video on N914 and if you dilute it heavier it will prep paint and strip sealant. Assuming the other will too
    ----------------------

Post Thanks / Like

If you make the ratio of N914 too strong it can weaken or strip a sealant but there's ratios to follow on the back for that, so no worries there. I've never heard of an issue with AMMO NYC Frothe, they even offer a winter booster for harsh winter "mess".

13. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do these remove wax? Seems like they would? I use WGDGPS 3.0 and Collinite 845 over the top, does ONR, Mckee's and Optima strip it? I saw a video on N914 and if you dilute it heavier it will prep paint and strip sealant. Assuming the other will too
    Just my personal opinion, N914 will not strip waxes or sealants. At least freshly applied wax/sealant. The others at stronger ratios will most likely enhance the lsp. Might get some streaking with a couple of them.

Again, this is just my personal opinion in what I have experienced.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

----------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast