autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR vs Aero Cosmetics wash wax all?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    Just my personal opinion, N914 will not strip waxes or sealants. At least freshly applied wax/sealant. The others at stronger ratios will most likely enhance the lsp. Might get some streaking with a couple of them.

Again, this is just my personal opinion in what I have experienced.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by soapboxpreacher View Post
    Do these remove wax? Seems like they would? I use WGDGPS 3.0 and Collinite 845 over the top, does ONR, Mckee's and Optima strip it? I saw a video on N914 and if you dilute it heavier it will prep paint and strip sealant. Assuming the other will too
    Quote Originally Posted by soapboxpreacher View Post
    Not sure, Today would be a day I would leave the car in the garage and do it. Tomorrow its suppose to be better. Got nothing going if your around. The more I read about the WW and RW. It seems a hybrid of both is a pretty good way to go. 1 Gallon bucket with RW and a spray bottle. 6 MF towels and some drying MFs too. Presoak a panel let sit for 2-4 mins (not to dry) allowing the RW to pull the dirty from the surface then hit it with the MF soaked with RW and dispose of the MF when all 8 sides are dirty never using it again. Optima seems like a really good product and might be what Uber is based off of. WW I am not certain I would do. Aero has awesome reviews and I have seen a number of folks using it on their teslas with great results. But I just worry about the dirty getting marred in and so on. That car has such soft finish...even RW I worry. I do like the idea of RW for claying too...I blow thru Quick Detail on a claying pretty fast. Just my train of thought. Just want to get all the stuff I need and be done. I am accumulating too much stuff. Much I feel I might be wasting money on. I will still 2 bucket for as you know Klasse the roads can get pretty ugly here and I wouldnt trust RW between the bugs, bird crap, the tar, the salt and so on, we dont live in Florida, AZ ot Texas. If we did, might have a different story. Plus I am on a well so I wont have any water restrictions. My water is softened that comes to my outside hose sill by my garage. Previous owners might have put that in. I am mixed about soft water. As it removes some minerals it introduces salt and that equals spots if you are not careful. We have a very High TDS in our water here. I have a Iron Breaker which removes a ton of stuff and the water softener does the rest. So I have a tricky combo of stuff add in the fact that I have no shade to wash outside it makes everything tough. I have an RO but is is small capacity and I would not use it for washing other then mixing up a RW batch or so on. Which brings me back to why im thinking it might be nice to do the RW for using the RO water is definitely better then the straight soft. To be honest, I really dont know what I am doing. Just trying to find a few methods and products associated to be able to easily keep my ride looking great for a long while. My intention is to keep the Model 3 for as long as I can...at least that is the intention so it starts with caring for it the best I can to get the most out of it. I really love it. Best vehicle I have every driven by a massive margin.

N914 will not strip waxes or sealants when used at proper dilution. I have used that and Ech2o religiously with 0 issues.

See this in regards to N914 and dirty panels

Mothers CMX vs Sonax Polymer Net Shield long term durability test

2. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I second the N-914. Use it as main rinseless and seems to be safe. Ech20 is great too but being more expensive I use it as a waterless “Merlin mixture”. Griots has a one with and w/o wax depending on if you want wax. They both should be great products.

If your at all worried and cost isn’t a major concern.... FROTHE! Feel it’s got most lubrication between the towel and paint. Ammo’s sprayer is kinda expensive I’d recommend the Ik1.5. I use it with the dry tip and on my mustang comes to about 1.50$ a wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I second the N-914. Use it as main rinseless and seems to be safe. Ech20 is great too but being more expensive I use it as a waterless “Merlin mixture”. Griots has a one with and w/o wax depending on if you want wax. They both should be great products.

If your at all worried and cost isn’t a major concern.... FROTHE! Feel it’s got most lubrication between the towel and paint. Ammo’s sprayer is kinda expensive I’d recommend the Ik1.5. I use it with the dry tip and on my mustang comes to about 1.50$ a wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All of this!

I like using Ech2o as a RW more than a WW. I mean it works great as WW but due to what's in that bottle, buffing afterwards is needed, even mixing at 7:1, the bottle says anywhere from 5:1-10:1, so I go 7:1 and still need to buff the haze afterwards, so it's the more time consuming option but the Gloss left behind when you use Ech2o can't be denied!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I think aero makes good products. I have several of their products and have been pleased. With that said, I'd rather use my Uber any day of the week. I mostly use theirs for wipe offs when traveling or door jambs and some interior cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12