autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but Griot's Black Satin aerosol is holding up on the wife's Jeep tires quite nicely.

Its been 3 weeks now, and she has driven through a ton of rain. They still look pretty much like the day I sprayed it on there.

The spray pattern is really pinpoint too, allowing you to get right up to the wheels without actually getting any product on them.

I never was a fan of the sprays, but she bought these Nitto Grapplers and the sidewalls are gnarly as hell. Hand or brush applying a product would be a nightmare.

Thought I'd give the Griot's a try, and so far so good.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need tire cleaner to remove brown staining that is safe on polished billet wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 69hugger View Post
    bare polished wheels.

Looking for a safe tire cleaner to remove
    the browning from ozone & old dressing
    that won't kill my wheels.

Something reasonable in price &
    locally available would be bonuses.
    I use S100 Wheel Cleaner to safely
    clean every type of tires and wheels.

•I usually get it at:
    -my local H-D bike shops.
    -or here: S100 Wheel Cleaner: Intense yet safe wheel cleaner that clings to vertical surfaces, spokes, etc. motorcycle wheel cleaner, s100 wheel cleaner

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think Tuf Shine tire cleaner is safe.

I use it a lot and have never seen it harm anything. You could check with someone at the Tuf Shine website.

I am in the same predicament. I currently use Tuff Shine and have polished Torq Thrust 2’s. The Tuff Shine inevitably leaves a milky white stain and I can’t seem to manage NOT letting any of it contact the wheels. HELP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mustangular View Post
    I am in the same predicament. I currently use Tuff Shine and have polished Torq Thrust 2’s. The Tuff Shine inevitably leaves a milky white stain and I can’t seem to manage NOT letting any of it contact the wheels. HELP.
    I think you have your answer in this thread. As FUNX650 alluded to, S100 (or P21S, same thing) is pH-neutral and shouldn't stain. It's a wheel cleaner, but I always used to use it on my tires when I cleaned my wheels with it. It may not work as well as Tuff Shine, but it depends on your tires.

Also, as Eldorado2K mentioned, the Mother's cleaner is waterless and should be pretty easy to keep off your wheels. I haven't used it in a long time, but I remember it being pretty neutral, so it may be fine if it gets on the wheels, anyway. Make sure you get the Back-to-Black because their foaming wheel and tire cleaner is definitely high-pH which you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12