autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

3D HD Polish+ being discontinued

I'm just passing along what I was just told.

I ust got off the phone with a representative in 3D's Sales department...and she informed me that 3D HD Polish+ is being discontinued. I didn't ask about HD Cut+, but my guess is that the new 3D ONE is taking the place of both products. The company's product page is practically bare these days, as they are down to only a handful of products that they are actively promoting/advertising.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass this along so that anyone who likes and uses this product could stock up on it, or possibly even put in some calls to the corporate office asking that they not discontinue this (or these) items.

2. Thanks PaulMys, pwoptima thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Polish+ being discontinued

Yeah, I think they are getting rid of the HD line. I think I read on here that Speed is now 3D Speed?

Looks like ONE is a great product making the other two obsolete.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, I think they are getting rid of the HD line. I think I read on here that Speed is now 3D Speed?

Looks like ONE is a great product making the other two obsolete.
    Yeah, it sure seems that way, Paul. I'm surprised they have decided to discontinue certain items, while simply re-branding others. Like you said, HD Speed is now 3D Speed, and HD Poxy is now 3D Poxy...but why they aren't simply changing the Polish and Cut names while keeping both products is a bit dumbfounding. Looks like going forward they only intend to have 3D Speed, 3D ONE, and 3D Poxy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still love Speed, 3D or HD. Lol

As for the others, I have been loving the Griot's Boss creams and will probably be using them as my go-to products.

Not like Cut+ and Polish+ aren't (weren't) great, but IMO the Griot's is a tic better.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes Sports Fan, VISITOR, WaxMaster1, pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    Yeah, it sure seems that way, Paul. I'm surprised they have decided to discontinue certain items, while simply re-branding others. Like you said, HD Speed is now 3D Speed, and HD Poxy is now 3D Poxy...but why they aren't simply changing the Polish and Cut names while keeping both products is a bit dumbfounding. Looks like going forward they only intend to have 3D Speed, 3D ONE, and 3D Poxy.

Maybe they'll reappear under the 3D family with the new abrasives they use on ONE / ACA?

I really liked the HD Cut +, and Polish +. However I think ONE out performs them in their respective task.

10. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Maybe they'll reappear under the 3D family with the new abrasives they use on ONE / ACA?

I really liked the HD Cut +, and Polish +. However I think ONE out performs them in their respective task.
    The funny thing is, I could see if they had dozens of polishes and compounds and wanted to simplify and consolidate their product catalog...but they seem to be eliminating products from an already fairly small catalog. Going from 20 to something like a dozen or 15 might make sense...but going from 5 (Speed, Polish+, ONE, Cut+, Poxy) to 3 (Speed, ONE, Poxy) ?!?!? The ACA line is hardly ever advertised, isn't widely known and isn't easily accessible, where as they already have a known quantity that is readily available in the Polish and Cut lines. Just seems kind of odd....

12. Likes PaulMys, pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I still love Speed, 3D or HD. Lol

As for the others, I have been loving the Griot's Boss creams and will probably be using them as my go-to products.

Not like Cut+ and Polish+ aren't (weren't) great, but IMO the Griot's is a tic better.
    Yeah, Paul, I agree… the Griot's BOSS lines of creams are pretty incredible. I like Polish+, but I'm sure that Perfecting Cream would work just as well. Actually, I may just go with the Sonax Perfect Finish for light to moderate polishing, maybe 3D ONE for more aggressive polishing, and have GG BOSS Fast Correcting Cream as my primary compound. I guess maybe I should consider consolidating my lineup down to only 3 as well...LOL

14. Likes PaulMys, pwoptima liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    The funny thing is, I could see if they had dozens of polishes and compounds and wanted to simplify and consolidate their product catalog...but they seem to be eliminating products from an already fairly small catalog. Going from 20 to something like a dozen or 15 might make sense...but going from 5 (Speed, Polish+, ONE, Cut+, Poxy) to 3 (Speed, ONE, Poxy) ?!?!? The ACA line is hardly ever advertised, isn't widely known and isn't easily accessible, where as they already have a known quantity that is readily available in the Polish and Cut lines. Just seems kind of odd....
    I can see that.

They basically eliminated the HD line, and reconfigured Speed and Poxy to compliment ONE. I assume the sales weren't strong enough to justify keeping Cut+ and Polish+ around.

The ACA line is geared toward toward the much larger body shop segment, which probably accounts for it's lack of attention from the enthusiast market.

Being that ACA and ONE share abrasive technology, it tells me that I need to pick them up! ONE is incredible. Fast becoming one of my favorite polishes. The things I've seen the ACA line do was very impressive.

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really like Cut+ and Polish+, maybe you can still procure through their private label service?

Sport Fan Cut+
    Sport Fan Polish+

Probably depends on minimums to make it worth it for both you and them.

Post Thanks / Like

from what i was told a while back was that both hd polish/cut + are being phased out because 3D ONE is like a combination of both those products with newer abrasive technology...

19. Likes dlc95, pwoptima liked this post