autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays and leave me with my good ol' can of Collinite 476. That is all. Thanks for clicking.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

No problems with that!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

it's my go-to long-term sealant if someone wants to go that route vs a coating. downside to it IMO is static and dust attraction.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAl View Post
    Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays
    and leave me with my good ol' can
    of Collinite 476. That is all.
    Thanks for clicking.
    •Good for you!
    -(After all: I’m the same way with
    good ol’ Finish Kare 1000P.)

•Even though some may deem that it goes
    against the “accepted standards of behavior”
    (for a particular profession)...
    -IMHO: there’s nothing unethical, or
    morally wrong, with being a Luddite.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

5. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have similar tried and true stories in my life. With everything from hunting, guns and certain brands i'm loyal too. But will say that it's good every now and then to peak into the new stuff. You might be surprised.

Sincerely,

A guy who has never coated, but likes some of these spray and wipe / spray and rinse
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    it's my go-to long-term sealant if someone wants to go that route vs a coating. downside to it IMO is static and dust attraction.
    Any suggestions for LSPs that are better for avoiding static and dust attraction?

9. Likes Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •Good for you!
    -(After all: I’m the same way with
    good ol’ Finish Kare 1000P.)

•Even though some may deem that it goes
    against the “accepted standards of behavior”
    (for a particular profession)...
    -IMHO: there’s nothing unethical, or
    morally wrong, with being a Luddite.

Bob
    Took the words right out of my mouth, Bobarooski.

I’ve spent most of my life seeking out simplicity in my hobbies and interests. When I first approached getting back into detailing it was kind of overwhelming considering all the new options (2008->2018ish hiatus) available.

Since then I’ve been searching for stuff that “just works” that I can stick with. It’s been proving difficult, but I feel like I’m on the home stretch at this point.

I’m not one to dream of shelves full of products, but maybe one shelf full of stuff that does exactly what I want, with very little redundancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes FUNX650, PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way about 845. I've done side by sides with so many products and a couple of coatings. The dust issue is so trivial if even real. Same with perceived dirt shedding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Any suggestions for LSPs that are better for avoiding static and dust attraction?
    Coatings. Of all the waxes and sealants I just find they all tend to be solid but just don't self-clean or sheet dirt nearly as well as a coating and general tend to not release dust as well either. In fact it's early Pollen Season right now but it's still raining down dust all day and my two vehicles, the black Q50 and blue Jeep are both coated and my nieghbor watch me litterally leaf blow both clean. I may even just go do a video for giggles

Don't get me wrong, Collinite 476 and Finish Kare 1000P are my two favorite go-to hybrid sealants and I love them. FK in the summer and 476 in the winter. I just have moved onto what I feel are more effective products in ceramic coatings.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

I'd never argue with anyone who loves #476 double coat, or #915 for that matter and this is coming from someone who's all about coatings and spray on, hose off toppers. These products are true "old school" products, right down to the metal tin they're in even, LOL! The only thing "new school" you wanna apply when using those products is the "thin is in" method, those Popeye arms from the old days are overrated, trust me, LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes dlc95 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast