autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: What paint colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain? What about look the best?

So Im looking for a new truck and Im wondering, what colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain in terms of swirls? Id assume white is the easiest and black is the hardest. But I guess what Im asking is whats a good compromise? Maybe a dark-er red, or lighter blue? I know it also depends on the manufactures paint hardness as well... I have an 06 F250 that I recently sold and I used M37 SiO2 coating and I dont think it helped mitigate swirls, maybe it was me etc but I thought/think I did everything right. It was a dark blue, looked great etc but I obsessed over it too much.

On my next truck, Im looking to get something that I wont have to obsess as much over/not see as many swirls. Im thinking white lol. But that has zero depth, but Ford has that pearlish white that I guess could look decent. And they have that white gold which is like a light champagne... Decisions decisions.

OT: What paint colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain? What about look the best?-final-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OT: What paint colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain? What about look the best?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    And they have that white gold which is like a light champagne...
    My Light Bronzemist Cadillac always looks good, even when it’s not perfectly clean. I haven’t gotten bored with its paint color yet. I kinda like it.

I try to stay on top of the wheels & tires. Good thing the tires are coated and the brakes don’t kick up much dust so maintenance as a whole is a piece of cake. The biggest chore is the windows.

3. Likes Paul A., PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OT: What paint colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain? What about look the best?

On my next truck, Im looking to get something
    that I wont have to obsess as much over/not
    see as many swirls.

Im thinking white...
    Ford has that pearlish white...

And they have that white gold
    which is like a light champagne...
    Out of the colors listed above:
    my vote is for Champagne.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

So Im looking for a new truck and Im wondering, what colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain in terms of swirls? Id assume white is the easiest and black is the hardest. But I guess what Im asking is whats a good compromise? Maybe a dark-er red, or lighter blue? I know it also depends on the manufactures paint hardness as well... I have an 06 F250 that I recently sold and I used M37 SiO2 coating and I dont think it helped mitigate swirls, maybe it was me etc but I thought/think I did everything right. It was a dark blue, looked great etc but I obsessed over it too much.

On my next truck, Im looking to get something that I wont have to obsess as much over/not see as many swirls. Im thinking white lol. But that has zero depth, but Ford has that pearlish white that I guess could look decent. And they have that white gold which is like a light champagne... Decisions decisions.

OT: What paint colors are the easiest and hardest to maintain? What about look the best?-final-jpg
    All those light colors you mentioned will help to hide minor defects from daily driving. I have the KR Blue Jean with Caribou but know the light sand color would be excellent for the purpose you mention. Silver is always good and that white is just white!

Buy the color you like the best and then just take care of it on a regular basis. You pay too much these days to not enjoy your truck and those minor scratches will just occur.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    All those light colors you mentioned will help to hide minor defects from daily driving. I have the KR Blue Jean with Caribou but know the light sand color would be excellent for the purpose you mention. Silver is always good and that white is just white!

Buy the color you like the best and then just take care of it on a regular basis. You pay too much these days to not enjoy your truck and those minor scratches will just occur.
    Yeah thats where Im at, I like that color combo you have and I think its the modern one to what I had. I like pretty much all colors but my wife is the one... lol.

Its hard to not pay attention ya know? This time around I think Im going to just polish it with a light polish once a year, apply a coating and or wax/sealant. If I go the wax option, Id apply it more often than not.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got 4 vehicles, white, silver, black, and a medium champagne color. The silver is the easiest of the 4 to maintain then white, champagne, and of course the black being the most difficult color. That being said, buy what you like. Life is too short to buy something you don’t like just because it is easier to maintain. Just think how good it looks when you get it looking perfect! And even white looks bad when it is not maintained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’ve got 4 vehicles, white, silver, black, and a medium champagne color. The silver is the easiest of the 4 to maintain then white, champagne, and of course the black being the most difficult color. That being said, buy what you like. Life is too short to buy something you don’t like just because it is easier to maintain. Just think how good it looks when you get it looking perfect! And even white looks bad when it is not maintained.
    Understood and you're correct on all accounts... But what drives me even crazier is the swirls that darker colors show, they look the best but can look the worst too.

Post Thanks / Like

Understood and you're correct on all accounts... But what drives me even crazier is the swirls that darker colors show, they look the best but can look the worst too.
    Use Carpro Reload undiluted once per week after every bucket wash. Problem solved.

But then again, you shouldn’t even have that level of swirls on your vehicle. What are you so worried about?

Post Thanks / Like

Silver and black.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO it’s white with silver second. Black is the worst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast