autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

What is your current favorite(s) car wash soap/shampoo for regular car washing?

Currently I’m using Reset for my coated cars and am happy with it.

Interested in your favorites or recommendations for my Wolfgang WDGPS 3.0 protected G35. I’m using Ultimate Paint Guard Wash now and looking around for others to try on this great sealant.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Autobright Magifoam
    is by far my favorite for snow foam washes. Its ph neutral and the results are amazing! It comes from UK so its not cheap to get

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

If Optimum was a "pure" soap, I'd try it, but I don't think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by North1Star View Post
    Autobright Magifoam
    is by far my favorite for snow foam washes. Its ph neutral and the results are amazing! It comes from UK so its not cheap to get

YouTube
    Bilt Hamber Auto Foam is WAY more effective.
    '03 Corvette Z06

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    If Optimum was a "pure" soap, I'd try it, but I don't think it is.

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam is WAY more effective.
    BH Auto-Foam is my by far favorite prewash foam. On a winter dirty car the BH Surfex HD is even more great at cleaning. Not the most foaming products but how they works as a prewash is very impresive. I have a domestic brand prewash foam that is near BH in cleaning ability. Sadly they also added glossenhancers that interfear with the higher hydrophobic LSP.

I have not been able to test it out yet but have the BH Auto-Wash. Wondering if the corrosive inhibitors is going to mess with the LSP. But if you would have a car with a lot of bare metall or a classic that you wash traditional. I think that corrosive inhibitors could be much worth it. Or if you have a lot of deep rock chips that's down to the metall. I plan on use it as a last step before rinsing on my undercarriage. The dilution of 1:2000 is crazy low dilution.

I have an other brand my eyes on as they are making interesting products. Car soap with lime scale remover which can be effective to coatings if you have a lot of lime scale. That's if dried a little by little can clogg your coating during a longer time. Some from a domestic detailing forum has used it on coated cars with great success. Also the prewashes and cleaners seems to be very effective. Many uses one of their prewash foams as touchless washing and get very good results from it. It's slightly acidic based product. The brand is Ma-fra from Italy and their line Laboscosmetica is for the coating vehicals. A lot of interesting products for sure. If Meguiars products had been more cost effective for me I would have test out more from them. But it's up in cost that Carpro and Gyeon is for you and often even more expensive. But I surely understand that you get Meguiars products in the US. Also the UK brands like BH and Angelwax is very low price for them in UK. So it's much about where you live and the prices they have on imported products.

6. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by North1Star View Post
    Autobright Magifoam

YouTube
    I have this and use it in my IK Foam 9 for pre-wash, works awesomelyCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo When the car is just dusty from a couple days I'll foam it, let it dwell and rinse and dry...done!

I have so many soaps it's hard to nail down just one but in my IK Foam 9 its AutoBrite Magifoam and Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, both are great at what they do there!

2BM's I like Reset, Bathe and Bilt-Hamber to name a fewCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I have this and use it in my IK Foam 9 for pre-wash, works awesomelyCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo When the car is just dusty from a couple days I'll foam it, let it dwell and rinse and dry...done!

I have so many soaps it's hard to nail down just one but in my IK Foam 9 its AutoBrite Magifoam and Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, both are great at what they do there!

2BM's I like Reset, Bathe and Bilt-Hamber to name a fewCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How has your experience been with the IK Foam 9? On another suppliers website, it specifically states to not use the Ik Foam sprayers with Alkaline/Solvent based products. Theoretically, that should rule out using prewashes with it. Has yours held up? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahnd View Post
    How has your experience been with the IK Foam 9? On another suppliers website, it specifically states to not use the Ik Foam sprayers with Alkaline/Solvent based products. Theoretically, that should rule out using prewashes with it. Has yours held up? Thanks
    I have to change out the felt filter in the tip from time to time. I've had a couple o-rings to replace but not sure it had anything to do with the cleaners I'm using.

I can't imagine not having my 3 different IK foamers, makes my detailing experience much betterCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Have Carpro Reset as a favorite car soap. If you have noticed any degrading when useing Reset on the WDGPS. You can dilute it down even more. I have tested it at 1:800 and still thought it was good lubrication and cleaning ability from it. If you want any stronger cleaning ability Gtechnic G-Wash says to have this.

I also have Ultima Paint Guard Wash LOL. It's a great soap for the sealant and waxed vehicals. The rest of the car soaps I have is not offered on AGO. One is a ceramic infused car soap which is great lubrication and cleaning ability and also gives you a little protection around 4 weeks. The looks from this is what stands out for me as it's like a wax and coating look from it.

One that I have very great things about is the Poorboy's World Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Car Wash. Hard to get where I live otherwise I would test it out. Another one in the category that leaves gloss behind and says to leave a lot of it is Chemical Guys Glossworkz Hi-Foam Gloss Booster & pH Neutral Auto Wash. That I would also try out on a sealant protected vehical.

Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Car Wash: A Car wash that competes with the best, at a price that can't be beat!

Chemical Guys Glossworkz Hi-Foam Gloss Booster & pH Neutral Auto Wash 16 oz.

/ Tony

11. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No question - Adams Car Shampoo. All the others don't really compare in my experience.

13. Likes 01GreyStangGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are Poorboys Super Slick with Suds and Optimum Car Wash.

Optimum is what I'm currently using and I'm working my way through my second gallon jug. In the past I never bought shampoo in a gallon quantity, so that should be an indication of how well I like it. However, that isn't a knock against the Poorboys. It's a excellent product as well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Likes derass liked this post
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast