autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2007 Toyota White question .. HELP !

First post here. Just was verified and have a question. 2007 Toyota Camry white. Sometimes, more often than not, when I wash it, it doesn't come clean. It's like the dirt is embedded in the paint. Rubbing with my finger doesn't remove it either. The only way I can get it clean is to go over it with Klasse AIO and then remove that with my spray wax (mixture of Klasse HGSG & Meguiars xpress spray wax). Removal of the AIO is very easy with the spray. Once I do this the paint looks just like new. However, in a couple weeks, it back to dirty and again. I have to repeat AIO again. Don't get me wrong i enjoy detailing it, but sometimes not enough time to go over it with the AIO. I know that the Toyota white in 2007 and other years is the subject of many issues. Any ideas or is it the paint just showing its age. It's frustrating because the car, purchased new (V6, leather, SE, sunroof) with only 82,000 miles is still incredible car. If I had to do it all over again, don't believe I would have purchased white. Thanks and look forward to comments.

ERS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 Toyota White question .. HELP !-img_9686-jpg  

Mike Phillips

Re: 2007 Toyota White question .. HELP !

Just a tip to help you out when asking for help....

When you type all your words in one HUGE chunk of text it makes it hard to read. What happens is people WON'T read. It's just too hard for the human eyeball to track from the end of one sentence to the beginning of the next sentence. This is true for about 3-4 sentences.

So hit the [ENTER] key after 3-4 sentences and break up your huge block of text with some white space. NOW people will read it and then you'll get more help.

Like this,

First post here. Just was verified and have a question.

2007 Toyota Camry white. Sometimes, more often than not, when I wash it, it doesn't come clean. It's like the dirt is embedded in the paint. Rubbing with my finger doesn't remove it either. The only way I can get it clean is to go over it with Klasse AIO and then remove that with my spray wax (mixture of Klasse HGSG & Meguiars xpress spray wax).

Removal of the AIO is very easy with the spray. Once I do this the paint looks just like new. However, in a couple weeks, it back to dirty and again. I have to repeat AIO again. Don't get me wrong i enjoy detailing it, but sometimes not enough time to go over it with the AIO.

I know that the Toyota white in 2007 and other years is the subject of many issues. Any ideas or is it the paint just showing its age.

It's frustrating because the car, purchased new (V6, leather, SE, sunroof) with only 82,000 miles is still incredible car. If I had to do it all over again, don't believe I would have purchased white.

Thanks and look forward to comments.

Much easier to read and therefor people WILL read it...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ERS View Post

First post here. Just was verified and have a question.
    Welcome to AutogeekOnline

Here's your car in full size

Quote Originally Posted by ERS View Post

2007 Toyota Camry white. Sometimes, more often than not, when I wash it, it doesn't come clean.

My guess is this car has the Toyota single stage paint? Do you ever see white pigment coming off when you use the Klasse AIO?

I'd suggest sealing the surface with something a little tough, a coating would probably be the best option but if you want to keep it simple, get some SONAX Polymer Net Shield and after washing and drying, simply apply to a small section at a time and then wipe off.

SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize for the delay in replying, I've been out of town. Thanks for the advice.

ERS