autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Iron/Fallout Removers?

I scoured thru the forums and found some older posts about Iron removers. Trying to find one that gets those pain in the butt orange dots out of white paint. Back of the car has a good amount, claying took some out but there are still fair amount on it. I know about Iron-X aka Stinky-X but it is not cheap! 110 for a gallon. I dont need that much but it seems like many are doing the entire car to really prep paint well. As I have already Claybarred and the car looks good I dont know if I need to do the whole car again just the spot clean the Orange crap stuck to the clear coat. Let me know which Iron/Fallout removers you guys like, for last in depth post I read here was in 2017.

So far I have gathered Adams seems like a decent cost effective option, Mags Ultimate Wheel cleaner does this along with Eagle One Triple...they all are affordable. Once again let me know which one you guys use thats on the cost saving side. I blew a ton of cash on all the other detailing stuff I just ordered from AG so need to take it easy for a a month or two or the wife is gonna kill me!
    ----------------------
    2018 Jeep GC High Altitude
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance with Sport Package

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iron/Fallout Removers?

Just bought IronX from Autopia website for 25% off few days ago. I did a quick research and it seems to be one of the very best. For such price I think its a good deal

3. Thanks Ranger1970 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by North1Star View Post
    Just bought IronX from Autopia website for 25% off few days ago. I did a quick research and it seems to be one of the very best. For such price I think its a good deal
    Same here. Purchased it from AG during a 25% off sale. Can't speak to it's performance from personal standpoint yet but and will be giving it a try sometime during the next few weeks. Everything I've seen, read and heard seems to indicate that it's one of the best, though, albeit a bit pricey.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One whiff of Iron-X and you'll never want to use it again. Meg's All Wheel Cleaner is great, far cheaper, and no bad smell.

I'm about to order some Auto Fanatic Foaming Wheel Cleaner - seems like a great product and at a good price (and no smell!)

Post Thanks / Like

I presently have BDX brand iron remover. Works good, I don't remember the price but I'm positive my cheap meter guided me there. Good results.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the Eagle One 3-in-1 wheel cleaner on my wheels and the color of the run off was deeeeep purple. I hadn’t used any iron remover on this car in its existence, so there was probably a lot of build up. The smell was way less noxious than Iron-X. My wheels looked pretty good after some agitation and rinsing with water.

I did not try it on the paint though. I suspect that it’s not as concentrated as Iron-X but it’s also a quarter of the price and available locally.

The one thing I didn’t like was that the sprayer trigger started getting stuck after doing a couple wheels. If I were to use it on the paint, I’d probably transfer it to a better spray bottle,

Post Thanks / Like

The meguiars products gets good reviews, so does the McKee’s. I have Griots fallout and iron x. Going to compare soon when I polish. All are $79 on AG so if you wait for a sale would be 59$. I feel though as much as I’ve read on it being 25$ more a gallon it’s worth it. If your not a hobbiest then I get it that can be a lot of $25 dollar bills over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes North1Star liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DO you need to use iron remover if you clay bar/mitt?

Post Thanks / Like

Good call on the mitt! Obsessed garage has a YouTube video up where he goes to meguiars headquarters part 1 and they talk in depth about the new meguiars one I was impressed but think they sell in gallon only.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The meguiars products gets good reviews, so does the McKee’s. I have Griots fallout and iron x. Going to compare soon when I polish. All are $79 on AG so if you wait for a sale would be 59$. I feel though as much as I’ve read on it being 25$ more a gallon it’s worth it. If your not a hobbiest then I get it that can be a lot of $25 dollar bills over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please update us through this thread once you do your comparison. Thanks in advance Iron/Fallout Removers?

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast