autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations For Glossiest Spray Wax

It depends on what you are looking for. I use echo/reload or beadmaker every time I wash my car as a QD so I'm more concerned with looks/beading over long term protection.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for your input, it helped a ton. Thank you to everyone, too. I rarely post, as almost all questions seemed to be asked before and can be found by searching. I detail a couple pickups and large SUV's, but many times, the owners just want quickies. I wanted to give their paint some pop, in between the yearly clay and hand wax they get. Oddly, paint pop is the key with these guys...the more gloss, the better, lol.

Thanks again. Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I understand from a business kind of view that Polish Angel products is a little pricey even if a little goes a long way with them. For personal use if going more by the look of the spray wax you useing. I would absolutely recommend to try them out.

As I have understand it before the Bead Maker did some noice and come to be a hype. There was detailers that used P&S brand and there pro line of products that was been sended this BM out to them. And many of them absolutely loved working with them and especially as a last product before it's released to the customer. One downside with BM I think it's need to be cured for some time before it gets wet. But as a glossenhancer it seems to be working great for many and even those with gloss readers says it's a bigger bump in gloss than many other products.

For business it's also worth checking out rinseless wash or waterless wash that you can dilute to QD strength. One I really like is Carpro EcH2O. If you get a 1L bottle and dilute in QD 1:20 you get around 5 gallons of QD. And a little goes a long way with this too. And 5 gallons of QD for $25 is very economical in the longrun. Then it's great at waterless wash and rinseless wash also. Something like the door jambs really shines up after a waterless wash. And I feeled it stayed clean for a little longer time too for some reason. Not much of protection though from it. And many does the Merlin Elixir with EcH2O to get a little more protection and gloss from it with the added Reload or any other SiO2 water based sealant like Gyeon Cure for an example.

Or maybe look into another rinseless wash or waterless wash that leaves more protection behind if that is wanted. Duragloss and Ultima is a couple of ones that leaves a month or 2 of protection.

Otherwise you have a lot of great QD/ spray waxes that does an awesome job on the gloss. But as you know nothing competes with an abrasive to get gloss. Maybe a little old school but a glaze topped with a spray wax with a longer longevity can fit the bill sometimes. Or an AIO/ cleaner wax that you can do a couple of passes with can also do some great work in less time than full corrections.

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for DG Rinseless w/Aquawax. (QD ratio)

From a cost perspective, nothing comes close to gloss slickness and durability. And since you don't care about durability then consider it a bonus!

5. Likes VISITOR, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tidmack View Post
    Thank you so much for your input, it helped a ton. Thank you to everyone, too. I rarely post, as almost all questions seemed to be asked before and can be found by searching. I detail a couple pickups and large SUV's, but many times, the owners just want quickies. I wanted to give their paint some pop, in between the yearly clay and hand wax they get. Oddly, paint pop is the key with these guys...the more gloss, the better, lol.

Thanks again. Jeff
    What'd you decide to go with?

Remind your clients and show them, a polished/defect free surface = shine. This is a good upsell/charge for you once you educate how to get the shine. Otherwise they may as well rub baby oil all over the car.

Hence why defect free 20 year old cars are shinier than most 5 year old cars that are run through brush washes.

7. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing beats Beadmaker for gloss, slickness and price. PA HG would be my 2nd choice, not because of price, because of looks.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Without breaking the bank, I picked up 4 recommended spray waxes and I can't thank you guys enough. So many times, I'll order 7,8,9 products, just to try them all. In this case, I don't have the time to do that, so to be able to narrow the pack down to 4 absolutely makes my day. Feel free to keep discussing, I'll chime back in in a few weeks with my thoughts. Have a great weekend.

Jeff

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Without breaking the bank, I picked up 4 recommended spray waxes and I can't thank you guys enough. So many times, I'll order 7,8,9 products, just to try them all. In this case, I don't have the time to do that, so to be able to narrow the pack down to 4 absolutely makes my day. Feel free to keep discussing, I'll chime back in in a few weeks with my thoughts. Have a great weekend.

Jeff
    Well... what did you end up buying? Recommendations For Glossiest Spray Wax

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12. Likes tidmack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I went with some Beadmaker, Aquawax, 4 Star, and a bottle of Souveran. I chose the Souveran mostly because I am absolutely in love with the depth of shine with the Sourveran wax, so I had to try it! I had a 25% off coupon to use today, so hopefully I didn't forget a super obvious choice. I have all of the Meguiar's products, so I'll compare with those, too.

Jeff

14. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I went with some Beadmaker, Aquawax, 4 Star, and a bottle of Souveran. I chose the Souveran mostly because I am absolutely in love with the depth of shine with the Sourveran wax, so I had to try it! I had a 25% off coupon to use today, so hopefully I didn't forget a super obvious choice. I have all of the Meguiar's products, so I'll compare with those, too.

Jeff
    Nice!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i've been using this lately at 1 & 1/2 oz's to 14 1/2 oz's of water in a 16 oz spray bottle as a spray wax. slick and leaves a nice gloss...

McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax

This stuff is AMAZING used as a drying aid! 2oz mixed in a 32oz spray bottle.

How to from Joe at McKees....

YouTube
    2018 Colorado ZR2

17. Likes VISITOR liked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast