autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice Please

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice Please

Here what I ended up going with. Talked with my uncle about expectations he said he just wanted them les noticeable. So 2000 grit wet sand, cut with griots fast correcting on the correcting pad then finishing sealant on the perfecting pad , followed up by Megs UFF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Rrthomas78, Maxreed241, SWETM, Diner, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nichocha33 View Post
    Here what I ended up going with. Talked with my uncle about expectations he said he just wanted them les noticeable. So 2000 grit wet sand, cut with griots fast correcting on the correcting pad then finishing sealant on the perfecting pad , followed up by Megs UFF.

Nice turn around! Love Griot's!

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. This is one I had to fix about a month ago. The guy took a scratchy sponge to some adhesive that stuck to the car covering a broken window. It was like this all around the window, this was just the worst example.

Advice Please-20190223_101620-jpg

Advice Please-img_20190225_071459_597-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Good job. This is one I had to fix about a month ago. The guy took a scratchy sponge to some adhesive that stuck to the car covering a broken window. It was like this all around the window, this was just the worst example.

Advice Please-20190223_101620-jpg

Advice Please-img_20190225_071459_597-jpg
    Sometimes I wonder what goes through people’s heads. Your turn around looks great as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    Nice turn around! Love Griot's!

Yep, Griots has always done top notch for me. I forgot my Uro pads but the correcting pad really surprised me

Post Thanks / Like

I can't take any credit for that at all. When I said I had to fix it, I meant my business. My son did all the work because I was out of town for the day. The guy booked a "detail" and then sprung this on him when he got there. My son called me in a panic. I walked him through wet sanding, which he had seen me do but never done himself. I kept having him send me pictures of his progress. When he was finished, the guy was so stoked, he paid the full freight on the job and gave him a $50 tip.

Oh, just to expand on what was going through his head, apparently he googled how to remove adhesive from a car and one recommendation was olive oil and a scratchy sponge. I #### you not.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't take any credit for that at all. When I said I had to fix it, I meant my business. My son did all the work because I was out of town for the day. The guy booked a "detail" and then sprung this on him when he got there. My son called me in a panic. I walked him through wet sanding, which he had seen me do but never done himself. I kept having him send me pictures of his progress. When he was finished, the guy was so stoked, he paid the full freight on the job and gave him a $50 tip.

Oh, just to expand on what was going through his head, apparently he googled how to remove adhesive from a car and one recommendation was olive oil and a scratchy sponge. I #### you not.
    Lmao, well it keeps people like you in business I guess. Your son did one helluva a job that’s for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Olive oil over adhesive remover? Some people never surprise me....but hey I guess it worked right it just scratched the s**t out of his car. Good job by your little one turning it around

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by nichocha33 View Post

Here what I ended up going with. Talked with my uncle about expectations he said he just wanted them les noticeable.

So 2000 grit wet sand, cut with griots fast correcting on the correcting pad then finishing sealant on the perfecting pad , followed up by Megs UFF.

Nice save.

Go find the detailer that did the work and school him.

At least show him this thread on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a cringe worthy beginning for sure! Nice save!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast