autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions for a drying agent

Ok I've almost fully built my "regiment" of products for this year, mostly went with some Griot's stuff to try out as they seem like a stout brand and not crazy expensive. I used Sonax last year and while the Sonax name and "prestige" felt nice it did being more expensive and tbh not all their stuff was fantastic IMO.

So going with mainly griot's stuff and wanted to "up" my game, I wanted to get a product as use as a drying it, after touch 2bm washes, I would spray on the drying aid while car is still wet and then swipe over with a drying MF. That would be for times where a leaf blower wouldn't do the trick of maybe my longlasting LSP wax is getting weak.

So I ended up looking at Griot best of show detailer to use as drying aid and door jamb wipe downs clean to dry and freshen up jambs after a wash. Only thing that irks me is in the Griot product video where they show case this and their best of show spray wax, they talk about the spray wax being used for a drying aid and say the best of show detailer is really more to just clean smudges and fingerprints.

One of Youtube detailers I watch they say they instead of Chemical Guys V07 which clearly says is a sealant and detailer hybrid so that is more clear and would apply to freshen up wax, cleaning smudges and all that.

So my questions here is what should I do or get. My base LSP will be Collinite 476s, will spraying a "sealant" over wax do negative effects or something. I suppose no since the collinite is already a hybrid wax and sealant right? Right now I'm more leaning towards V07 since it seems better as all in one product for drying, freshenning up wax and door jamb dry/cleaning.

Please let me know your suggestion and chime in! Just wanted to know how V07 would be before pulling the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions for a drying agent

great product (GG BOS Detailer), I bought a gallon and don’t regret it one bit. glossy, slick, and user friendly...

Post Thanks / Like

IMO QD's (quick detailers) are really obsolete. Why use a QD when you can use one of the waterless washes which will likely cost less, provide more cleaning ability, and more protection.

If you want to use a separate product for your drying aid vs. cleaning jambs, a spray wax is going to give you more protection, there are several good ones including the Griot's (which I haven't used personally).

4. Likes yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Typically for me polymer based sprays be it quick detailer or spray wax provide that water sheeting effect and the effect of releasing water off the paint. So you could use a WW with polymers in it and experience the same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Questions for a drying agent

For quite sometime I used the Griot’s spray on wax that adds wax as you dry and was very happy with it. I ran out and started using another’s brand not sold on here. I like it but it’s nothing like the Griot’s product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that quick detailers have become kind of obsolete. I got as a gift a bottle of V07 a while ago and was never really impressed. My biggest issue with it was that it streaked almost every time I used it. I know I’m in the minority here since there are a ton of positive reviews for it but after I used DG Aquawax and Megs Quik Wax, I never looked back. It could have been that it just didn’t play nice with the sealant that I use (DG 111) bit others did...

Like others mentioned, you can also use a rinseless wash product and dilute it to a quick detailer. A much more affordable solution that still provides lubrication (and some even provide a bit of protection). Hope that helps

8. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiars Last Touch. Maybe there are better products out there, but, it works for me. I also dilute it and use as a clay lube.

10. Likes TimD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok wasn't exepcting these replies! I agree a detailler IMO is obsolete in that I won't really clean my car without a proper wash.

I just thought a detailer would be something that gives good lube.

Why I was seeing the V07 as the optimal choice since good lube to dry the paint and "polymers" to renew or add some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAl View Post
    For quite sometime I used the Griot’s spray on wax that adds wax as you dry and was very happy with it. I ran out and started using another’s brand not sold on here. I like it but it’s nothing like the Griot’s product.

Would you say the spray wax had good lube/cleaning? For example if you had a fingerprint or a smudge would you be comfortable using Griot spray wax to wipe it off?

Post Thanks / Like

To throw you for another loop.......... Check out Duragloss Aquawax.

Another tried and true product lost in the shuffle.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    To throw you for another loop.......... Check out Duragloss Aquawax.

Another tried and true product lost in the shuffle.
    So much products hahaha. I was also thinking about P&S beadmaker..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast