autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Car washing for a busy person in the bay area

I have a relative in the bay area that recently purchased a car and would like to maintain it, but they are pretty busy and wants to minimize what needs to be done. The area isn't near the ocean, rarely freezes, rain constantly in the winter, but not at all in the summer. Summer can be hot and close to 100F. They drive may be about 10 miles per day during the weekday and about 100 miles over the weekend. They plan to hand wash and use a hybrid wax.

What do you think is the minimal wash schedule? I was thinking about changing the the wax to a sealant instead of hybrid wax to minimize the number of waxing per year. Can they stretch the washing to monthly. More if it gets dirty.

I was also going to suggest getting some detailer spray to keep in the trunk to clean up bird poop and tree sap between washes, particularly in the summer when that stuff an burn into the paint.

paul

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car washing for a busy person in the bay area

I was about to post something like this so I figured I bounce off of this one. Looking for someone to do a decon wash on Cquartz gliss in the College Station area.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulsiu View Post
    I have a relative in the bay area that recently purchased a car and would like to maintain it, but they are pretty busy and wants to minimize what needs to be done. The area isn't near the ocean, rarely freezes, rain constantly in the winter, but not at all in the summer. Summer can be hot and close to 100F. They drive may be about 10 miles per day during the weekday and about 100 miles over the weekend. They plan to hand wash and use a hybrid wax.

What do you think is the minimal wash schedule? I was thinking about changing the the wax to a sealant instead of hybrid wax to minimize the number of waxing per year. Can they stretch the washing to monthly. More if it gets dirty.

I was also going to suggest getting some detailer spray to keep in the trunk to clean up bird poop and tree sap between washes, particularly in the summer when that stuff an burn into the paint.

paul
    If you’re talking about the SF Bay Area, which is where I am. I’d say monthly would be fine. Weather is typically mild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulsiu View Post

paul
    I would stick to a high quality sealant or maybe even move to a coating.

How capable are they of maintaining? I'd be cautious of them using a QD, unless you explain and teach them how to use it.

If they are pretty busy, perhaps find a detailer to maintain it?