autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie Question

Quote Originally Posted by drei4runner View Post
    Thanks for that info. I thought that this past President's Day Sale did cover it. I put in the discount code and it took 25% off. Unfortunately I couldn't complete the sale and when I returned the following day, the sale ended already.
    Try calling in and seeing if they’ll honor. Not sure if the will but their customer service is some of the best I run across

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks drei4runner thanked for this post
    Likes drei4runner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Try calling in and seeing if they’ll honor. Not sure if the will but their customer service is some of the best I run across

Thanks for that info. I might just bite the bullet and purchase one of the Griot’s kits.

What would you professionals suggest to someone who’s new to the detailing world in purchasing one of the Griot’s kits? I was looking in the $180 range.

I was also looking into the HF DA also.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the sales on Autogeek do not include polishers and certain tools. That’s why it is better to shop around for the best price and ask Autogeek for a price match. The Harbor Freight polisher may be a good starting tool but when you buy cheap, you get cheap. After you start using a polisher you will eventually want to up your game.

5. Likes drei4runner, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the Griot’s DA kit that AutoGeek sells, which of the kits would you recommend for a newbie like me just starting out?

I have a few cars that needs to be polished and waxed, and definitely at least one needs some good polishing.

This is the vehicle that needs some TLC compared to my other vehicles. Son didn’t really take care of it and his grandparents kept the washing upkeep but never bothered waxing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info. I might just bite the bullet and purchase one of the Griot’s kits.

What would you professionals suggest to someone who’s new to the detailing world in purchasing one of the Griot’s kits? I was looking in the $180 range.

I was also looking into the HF DA also.

I’d recommend the Griots 6 by itself with price match. It’s 127.99$. That leaves you roughly 80$ in pads you can get for 60$. I’ve got these and they got good reviews. I went 6 orange and 6 green to polish whole car. 21.99$ for 3 so 16.50 after sale. I tried a green on a Griots gg15. Worked Newbie Question

8. Likes drei4runner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can’t go wrong with any of the Griots products. The kits that Autogeek offer are pretty good deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’d recommend the Griots 6 by itself with price match. It’s 127.99$. That leaves you roughly 80$ in pads you can get for 60$. I’ve got these and they got good reviews. I went 6 orange and 6 green to polish whole car. 21.99$ for 3 so 16.50 after sale. I tried a green on a Griots gg15. Worked Newbie Question

Thanks. Just found it. But how do I price match? Griot's Garage Random Orbital Kit, 6" | 1804955 | Pep Boys

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Just found it. But how do I price match? Griot's Garage Random Orbital Kit, 6" | 1804955 | Pep Boys
    You can either call them and place your order through the phone or you leave them a message in the “comment box” asking for the price match, along with a link to the website you’re referring to. Both ways are effective and I’ve never had them fail to match the price when leaving a comment asking them to do it.

12. Thanks drei4runner thanked for this post
    Likes drei4runner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The Harbor Freight polisher may be a good starting tool but when you buy cheap, you get cheap.
    I must’ve gotten lucky, because I’d rate my HF DA higher than a PC and a GG6. I’ve used them all and wouldn’t trade it for any other 8mm polisher.

14. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I must’ve gotten lucky, because I’d rate my HF DA higher than a PC and a GG6. I’ve used them all and wouldn’t trade it for any other 8mm polisher.
    Heard from a few people who has both and like htheir HF as Much as his griots. Went and bought that first and a ton of vibration. Noticeable amount more than a gg6. Went tried friends griots cuz wanted to like this for 45$ maybe yours was older and made better. Ordered a maxshine 15mm based on some reviews and was still vibrated more noticeably. Sent back bought griots boss g 15 and completely happy. Still plan to buy a gg6 but first a 3 inch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast