autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finishing Polish For A Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Let me say, in my opinion, I have a bunch of the LC purple foamed wool pads and LOVE them for cutting. The problem I have is I can't get them to continue beyond one panel. What I'm saying is, 4 may not be enough to last an entire vehicle. They lay flat and fill with product quickly however are effective at cutting paint quickly when fresh. Even "on the fly" cleaning won't extend them much for me. I now have about 20 of those suckers and easily use 10 on a vehicle if cutting. I switch out to a fresh one to keep going.
    hmmm... thank you for letting me know that. I guess I'll try to go out there Saturday and at least correct half the car. and if I run out of LC purple, I'll clean them that night and put a fan on them and go back on Sunday to finish it up. Next job I'll order more. Do you seem to have the same issue with normal MF cutting pads as well?

2. Thanks mbkite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pchang978 View Post
    hmmm... thank you for letting me know that. I guess I'll try to go out there Saturday and at least correct half the car. and if I run out of LC purple, I'll clean them that night and put a fan on them and go back on Sunday to finish it up. Next job I'll order more. Do you seem to have the same issue with normal MF cutting pads as well?
    If you have the time to take a look at this full detail vlog from Apex Detailing Chanel. You will get a lot of information and trix. He used LC purple wool pad and goes in depth of how to clean it on the fly and why. He have a camera that really zoom in deep so you can see what happens in the little wool fibers. Really recommend these videos if doing a detail.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you have the time to take a look at this full detail vlog from Apex Detailing Chanel. You will get a lot of information and trix. He used LC purple wool pad and goes in depth of how to clean it on the fly and why. He have a camera that really zoom in deep so you can see what happens in the little wool fibers. Really recommend these videos if doing a detail.

YouTube
    Yeah I absolutely love his channel. I'll try to find the video with the LC purple wool. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pchang978 View Post
    Yeah I absolutely love his channel. I'll try to find the video with the LC purple wool. Thanks!
    Think it's in the second video or maybe the third. And yeah Brian is awesome and one of the best detailing channels there is. Forensic Detailing Channel is a great one too and Car Craft Auto Detailing Chanel is also great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Think it's in the second video or maybe the third. And yeah Brian is awesome and one of the best detailing channels there is. Forensic Detailing Channel is a great one too and Car Craft Auto Detailing Chanel is also great.
    It's the third one. Thanks for sending me the link. I have a pad cleaner and pad brush, just don't have access to compressed air to this particular job. Like I said, if I have to come back the following day with fresh pads, I will.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure why that happens?

It happens to me too. I hit the back button and then it either automatically takes me to the right page or it takes me back to where I started and then when I hit the link a second time it goes to the correct page.

I know there's a reason or explanation for how someone is able to hi-jack a link but it's out of my area of expertise and ability to type out an explanation but I'll try to find out what the deal is?
    not sure if this is still an issue, but its a virus/malware on the vBulletin server. other forums using vBulletin have this same issue too.

but thanks for the good info as always.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678