autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR ratio for interiors...

I was wondering what ratio y’all are using ONR for interior and glass cleaning. I’ve scaled way back on my supplies so I’m looking at stuff that will cover several bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR ratio for interiors...

ONR at the standard wash dilution does a really great job at wiping down hard surfaces, leather, and can handle glass pretty well.

I’ll usually wipe down my kick panels and at least my driver side door when I do an ONR wash. I just put a towel in the bucket and wring it out pretty tight, and that’s really all it takes. I know the optimum reps swear ONR is a dirt destroyer, but I still use an APC on really dirty stuff. ONR is fantastic at maintenance though.

On their Facebook group they mention you can mix up ONR and add their protectant plus to it. 2-8 oz depending on the kind of finish you like left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, just water with a microfiber towel is able to remove almost all the light dirt on plastic and fabric. The ONR helps a little but I would not use it for really heavy dirt. I think that normal dilution is good, but if you want it to be able to remove more, I would probably bump it up to claylube ratio or quick detailer ratio. Do some testing and see what works best for you.

The main role of ONR is to provide lubrication on the paint to prevent scratching while you wash the car. This is not that useful inside of the car. ONR will leave behind some protection in the form of polymers, so that is definatelly a plus. As such, a higher concentration is desirable I would think.

Since the product is so inexpensive, what I do is use 1 ounce in 32 ounces of water for interiors. I can't tell you that is the best possible dillution for this use, but it works well for me.

5. Thanks abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    The thing is, just water with a microfiber towel is able to remove almost all the light dirt on plastic and fabric. The ONR helps a little but I would not use it for really heavy dirt. I think that normal dilution is good, but if you want it to be able to remove more, I would probably bump it up to claylube ratio or quick detailer ratio. Do some testing and see what works best for you.

The main role of ONR is to provide lubrication on the paint to prevent scratching while you wash the car. This is not that useful inside of the car. ONR will leave behind some protection in the form of polymers, so that is definatelly a plus. As such, a higher concentration is desirable I would think.

Since the product is so inexpensive, what I do is use 1 ounce in 32 ounces of water for interiors. I can't tell you that is the best possible dillution for this use, but it works well for me.
    I was thinking 1/2 to 1oz myself. I’ll start there sand see how it does. My vehicles never get really dirty so it shouldn’t be a problem and I honestly hate anything shiny on my interior. Since I don’t keep vehicles but a year or two having UV protection really doesn’t matter. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abileneautoworx View Post
    I was thinking 1/2 to 1oz myself. I’ll start there sand see how it does. My vehicles never get really dirty so it shouldn’t be a problem and I honestly hate anything shiny on my interior. Since I don’t keep vehicles but a year or two having UV protection really doesn’t matter. Thanks!

Do some test spots first on your different material on the interior panels. As ONR has glossenhancers in it it can effect on the shine on some material and not so much on others. Just so you don't wipe down the whole interior and you get unsatisfied with the finish you get.

One damped mf towel with distilled water and followed by a dry one or just let it evaporate if it's possible to sit for a while. But the dry mf towel could help you to remove that last dirt so you don't get streaks.

A glass cleaner I like that is easy to work with and don't need to used much of. Is Sonax Glass Cleaner and what I like most with it is that when you spray it on the glass it sticks on it and the overspray is minimal. On not so dirty glass I often only needs to be useing one mf glass towel. It evaporate streak free mostly and if not either the side of the mf glass towel is saturated and needs to be flipped or a second one to soak up the last residue. Now you say you have minimized the products and here I come with a New one LOL. But it's so easy to work with and could be an option if the ONR don't work out for you.

/ Tony

8. Thanks abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Do some test spots first on your different material on the interior panels. As ONR has glossenhancers in it it can effect on the shine on some material and not so much on others. Just so you don't wipe down the whole interior and you get unsatisfied with the finish you get.

One damped mf towel with distilled water and followed by a dry one or just let it evaporate if it's possible to sit for a while. But the dry mf towel could help you to remove that last dirt so you don't get streaks.

A glass cleaner I like that is easy to work with and don't need to used much of. Is Sonax Glass Cleaner and what I like most with it is that when you spray it on the glass it sticks on it and the overspray is minimal. On not so dirty glass I often only needs to be useing one mf glass towel. It evaporate streak free mostly and if not either the side of the mf glass towel is saturated and needs to be flipped or a second one to soak up the last residue. Now you say you have minimized the products and here I come with a New one LOL. But it's so easy to work with and could be an option if the ONR don't work out for you.

/ Tony
    You know the detailing bug goes,lol. I’m sure I’ll end up with a few new products but 6-7 is better than 25+ that wouldn’t get used up in 5 lifetimes. Thanks for the tip man!

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abileneautoworx View Post
    You know the detailing bug goes,lol. I’m sure I’ll end up with a few new products but 6-7 is better than 25+ that wouldn’t get used up in 5 lifetimes. Thanks for the tip man!

Ohh yeah that bug is a PITA to remove LOL.

Then it's fun to test out different products. But why is it so hard to get rid of the products you have tested out and not been totaly satisfied with LOL. Some products I have dialed in and then some that I like to switch between. Like car soaps and prewash foams I use different ones. And some is working simualar and some is for different situation. Then there is those that can get to very rarely or nether. But it would be great to do some cleaning out of products from time to time.

12. Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Ohh yeah that bug is a PITA to remove LOL.

Then it's fun to test out different products. But why is it so hard to get rid of the products you have tested out and not been totaly satisfied with LOL. Some products I have dialed in and then some that I like to switch between. Like car soaps and prewash foams I use different ones. And some is working simualar and some is for different situation. Then there is those that can get to very rarely or nether. But it would be great to do some cleaning out of products from time to time.
    I’m down to Hyperwash,Wesley’s White Wall,Megs APC,McKee’s Hydro,Total Interior,Fast Interior,Sonax PNS/BSD,Bead Maker,Bug Squash,PBW pad cleaner and microfiber wash,DG tire and rubber dressing,Sprayway,ONR,Iron X,Nano blue mitt,Eraser and CMX on the way. I also have a 70/30 mixture of BSD/BM to try out. I’m using Griot Boss Creams only. I think I have my bases covered for now.🤞

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For maintained cars I think about half wash strength is fine. For filthy cars regular wash strength is good. As much as I like ONR for interiors, I find Mr. Clean, the household rinseless cleaner works better and is cheaper.

Here is a wash bucket of used Mr Clean after cleaning my new to me ML-350. Dealer cleaned it twice before I got to it...

16. Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I'll never forget what Dr. David Ghodoussi told me about ONR

Mike, it uses substantial polymers - Dr. David Ghodoussi

18. Thanks abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Likes abileneautoworx, GAMBIT61 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast