autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New car, been a while since I've been around

So, back in 2012 I bought a new car and took relatively good care of it from the advice of everyone on here. Thank you! But I just got a new car, and not sure how to proceed. I washed it extremely carefully and on the entire car I can only find one little swirl scratch, small enough my camera wont pick it up. Which is amazing for a new car, I went over the whole car several times looking for defects.

Anyways, it's a 2019 Subaru outback 2.5 premium in magnetite gray color. My plan is to get some iron x and some meguiars clay, then do the klasse twins treatment on it. 303 trim protect on all the body cladding. 303 fabric inside. And 303 aerospace on the interior hard surfaces.

Any thoughts on my plan?

The forum will not allow me to upload pics for some reason. I am using chrome on my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car, been a while since I've been around

Download the free Tapatalk app on your phone. It’s the easiest way to post pictures straight from your phone. Here’s the link.

Tapatalk - 200,000+ Forums by Quoord Systems Tapatalk - 200,000+ Forums on the App Store

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by milesvdustin View Post

So, back in 2012 I bought a new car and took relatively good care of it from the advice of everyone on here. Thank you!
    Good to see you back!

Anyways, it's a 2019 Subaru outback 2.5 premium in magnetite gray color.

My plan is to get some iron x and some meguiars clay, then do the klasse twins treatment on it.
    I'm not a Klasse SG fan, the AIO is good for a non-abrasive cleaner/wax or "cleaner/sealant". If it's a daily driver parked outside, check out SONAX Polymer Net Shield. You can apply to the paint and the plastic cladding trim. It's what I use on the wife's plastic trim on her HRV. Best thing to do is to START using something now when it's new and in good shape, don't wait until it fades and looks ugly and then look for a miracle product.

The forum will not allow me to upload pics for some reason. I am using chrome on my phone.
    Yeah vBulletin forum software is not phone friendly. Do like the Guz says and get the Tapatalk App, I use it and it works great for getting pictures on a forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yeah vBulletin forum software is not phone friendly. Do like the Guz says and get the Tapatalk App, I use it and it works great for getting pictures on a forum.

I’m EldoradoNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been around

5. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m EldoradoNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been around
    Eldarado translated from ancient Gaelic means “he who is the Guz”.

New car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes WaxMaster1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a daily driver, I only do about 20 miles a day though. It is garaged at all times unless being driven.

Any reason the klasse SG is not a favorite? Seems to get a lot of love around here.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a daily driver, I only do about 20 miles a day though. It is garaged at all times unless being driven.

Any reason the klasse SG is not a favorite? Seems to get a lot of love around here.
    Back in 2014 it was a forum favorite. Coatings are the current darlings. Nothing wrong with the Klasse Twins but newer technology has passed them by. Something like the new Mother’s CMX is easier to apply and lasts much longer.

Post Thanks / Like

KSG is and will always be a great product, it's just coatings and Sio2 products for toppers have incredible advantages, like ease if use and self cleaning abilities. As far as looks go, well, on a well prepped car it could be close New car, been a while since I've been around

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So CMX would be a much better option? Seems easier to apply as well. What would the maintenance or topping for CMX be?

I know its a new product, but is there any sort of life expectancy for it?

I think my biggest question is what is a good product for price/ease of maintenance? I don't mind working on the car but something that will last a good while with a wash every week or two is what I am after. Its a Subaru, not a Bentley! But I do want it to remain in great shape.

Post Thanks / Like

CMX is easy to apply, it’s affordable. There’s plenty of shorter term SiO2 sprays you could top it with, but anyone will recommend you top on itself whenever.

Everyone here is hoping this simple spray can last 6+ months, but being so new, there’s no real consumer durability experiences yet. I assume it will last months (minimum) in non-extreme environments... but just my guess based on claims and chatter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.