autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car, been a while since I've been around

Well, I finally caught a break in the weather and did a full on detail on my car. I didn't take any pics during the process, I wanted to get finished.

Did a 2 bucket wash with my foam gun using chemical guys citrus wash and gloss at 1 ounce per gallon to strip anything off the paint.

Followed that up with iron x. Only saw 5 to 10 spots on the entire car that changed purple.

Washed off the iron x and pulled it inside, dried the car off with my air force blaster. Love that thing, it was money in the bank when I had my Harley.

Used ONR as clay lube with the grits synthetic clay, made it real easy to clay and did a great job.

Polished out any marring and the very few swirls I found with lake country flat white pads and megs ultimate polish. Only had to make 2 passes per section.

Hit the car with a coat of collinite 915. Put it on super thin, came off super easy. The shine is incredible! I also did 915 on my wheels. I'm going to hit the trim with 303 trim stuff tomorrow.

Huge thanks to klasse act for his help and advice!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome, the Subie looks fantastic New car, been a while since I've been around

I think I speak for many when I say #915 is FAR SUPERIOR to #845 and especially on that charcoal gray it's a winner. Maybe since your going back and doing some more work a 2nd coat of #915 is an option?

Looking forward to hearing about the experience after the fact, #915 is really a hidden gem in the great sea of products available out there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to hit it with another 915 coat for sure today

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the second coat on and the trim and windows done. Pulled it out in the sun to really scan for any swirls, looks like there are none!
    That collinite 915 really looks good, very very glossy and warm, makes the metallic flake really pop out

8. Likes Klasse Act, Diner, acuRAS82, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks real goodNew car, been a while since I've been aroundNew car, been a while since I've been around

10. Thanks milesvdustin thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to take a second (on Klasse Act's recommendation) to mention how easy the Collinite 915 wax is to use. I took one of the yellow pinnacle foam applicators and gave it a spritz of ONR quick detail to dampen the pad. Then I gave the pad a half twist on the surface of the wax, and went to town. I applied it so there was just a very thin hazy layer, not at all thick. One twist in the can did a half panel, or a quarter of the hood. As I went farther along the car, it went further before reloading as the pad became more saturated with wax.

I waxed the ENTIRE CAR before buffing the wax off the paint. I did that for both coats of wax. I have read the horror stories on here about how hard the collinite waxes can be to remove, and I had zero issues. I would say it was easier to remove than Megs gold class paste wax.

12. Likes acuRAS82, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this and hopefully people read THIS and don't get scared off by others who've had a "nightmare" using it, I never understood this. Keep us updated on your real world durability, I'm sure others would like to know.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only picture Collinite waxes being difficult to wipe off if they were slathered on, or if there was some crazy humidity or something. I’ve never had any issues wiping off 915, 476 or 845.

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.