autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another DISO - new car.

Went for the first oil change and despite I declined the dealership's complementary wash and hang the "don't wash this car" sign on the mirror they did wash the car anyway. I picked up the car when it was cloudy so I couldn't see the damage until getting to my client's garage with the led lighting. This shocked me so much I almost dropped my laptop.

Now, whey are apologetic and promise to fix everything, but getting the quotes by shopping around I don't think they will pay $1500 for their screw up. What are my options?
    Another DISO - new car.-diso-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another DISO - new car.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    Went for the first oil change and despite I declined the dealership's complementary wash and hang the "don't wash this car" sign on the mirror they did wash the car anyway. I picked up the car when it was cloudy so I couldn't see the damage until getting to my client's garage with the led lighting. This shocked me so much I almost dropped my laptop.

Now, whey are apologetic and promise to fix everything, but getting the quotes by shopping around I don't think they will pay $1500 for their screw up. What are my options?
    Another DISO - new car.-diso-jpg

Get it in writing and take legal action if necessary. Also $1500 for full swirl removal?

ALWAYS inspect your car after it is out of your possession, whether it's at dealer for oil change, recall, valet, parking. I do a full walk around, inspect all wheels and tires as well and take a picture of before mileage to ensure it wasnt unnecessarily driven.

I didnt check once in my life because I got complacent. Sure as hell at home I noticed they had dented my rear lower side skirt from the oil change. They of course denied it and I just lived with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Why so high? Is it ceramic coated? Is it more than swirls? Maybe provide the estimates and then offer to do it yourself for less?
    Nathan Doering CD-SV

Post Thanks / Like

Another DISO - new car.

I’d be livid... If I were you, I’d go ahead and get that $1,500 dollar estimate in writing. Then build a cart for yourself including a GG6 polisher, pads, polish, pad brush and microfiber towels and show them the total price and have them pick an option.

[ideally you want to do this yourself because @$1,500 dollars they’re not only taking advantage of customers, but they’ll probably cut into your paint unnecessarily deep] Idiots, both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes this makes me even more paranoid about bringing in my car for service. I can’t believe they ignored the do not wash hang tag.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet there’s people out there who specifically ask for the complimentary car wash and don’t even get it...

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily at my dealer I can see where my car is at all times so if I see the techs doing something off you better believe I’m going out there to stop them. I haven’t been to the dealer since I once needed a battery. That battery was crap and didn’t last very long. Autozone batteries are better. I do my own oil changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Luckily at my dealer I can see where my car is at all times so if I see the techs doing something off you better believe I’m going out there to stop them. I haven’t been to the dealer since I once needed a battery. That battery was crap and didn’t last very long. Autozone batteries are better. I do my own oil changes.
    I need to start changing my own oil...

Post Thanks / Like

You will have more peace of mind. I recommend the oil extractor Griots sells. I’ve had the same one for 18 years and it doesn’t let me down

Post Thanks / Like

My dealer doesn't wash cars in for service, just "details" new cars at delivery. But I still say don't do it and hang the sign anyways. I also try to wash my car right before service every time that way they are not tempted to wash it because the car is already clean.
    Bruno Soares

11. Likes OMGClayAiken liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast