autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another DISO - new car.

We went around the car together with the Service Manager and beside a dirt and the scratches on a new interior under a steering wheel I didn't pick up any other damage since it was cloudy and rainy day. I called them an hour after I got to the place where I could see the damage. Also, I have in writing as an email, in person and recorded twice on their quality assurance tape that I asked them not to wash. I will receive a review email from the corporate office soon. I'm not sure if I should fill it up as it is which is I'm sure will alert the HQ. Or, give them a chance to fix the car.

I got these invoices already from the different shops (one estimate was $3800 which makes the 8% of the car cost). My problem I don't have an access to an electric outlet and the tools I used for the polishing and sealant/wax purpose is a melwakee cordless polisher which is pretty powerful, but requires too much work hence it is the 4" maximum pad size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    You will have more peace of mind. I recommend the oil extractor Griots sells. I’ve had the same one for 18 years and it doesn’t let me down
    You ain’t kidding... The last time I went to get my oil changed I noticed 3-4 empty cases of Chevron Oil just sitting there on the ground as if someone had just finished emptying them... And since there’s no cheaper option than the conventional Pennzoil change that I go in there for then it could only mean 1 thing...

I’m thinking I’m getting Pennzoil and he’s actually giving me Chevron. And if he’s doing that then who knows what’s going on when it comes to the oil filter. Can’t count on these hacks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    We went around the car together with the Service Manager and beside a dirt and the scratches on a new interior under a steering wheel I didn't pick up any other damage since it was cloudy and rainy day. I called them an hour after I got to the place where I could see the damage. Also, I have in writing as an email, in person and recorded twice on their quality assurance tape that I asked them not to wash. I will receive a review email from the corporate office soon. I'm not sure if I should fill it up as it is which is I'm sure will alert the HQ. Or, give them a chance to fix the car.

I got these invoices already from the different shops (one estimate was $3800 which makes the 8% of the car cost). My problem I don't have an access to an electric outlet and the tools I used for the polishing and sealant/wax purpose is a melwakee cordless polisher which is pretty powerful, but requires too much work hence it is the 4" maximum pad size.
    What kind of vehicle is this? An H2 Hummer stretch limousine? Lol.

You don’t have an extension cord? A 100’ cord wouldn’t be long enough for you to be able to do it?

Post Thanks / Like

It made me rolling too, I could repaint in pink metallic for the same price with a lifetime warranty. It's just a regular British made sedan. My area where I live is pretty restricted on stuff like this and the building super is an arse. I'm in NYC if this helps, and still looking for the better realistic offer from other detailers in my area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Get it in writing and take legal action if necessary. Also $1500 for full swirl removal?

ALWAYS inspect your car after it is out of your possession, whether it's at dealer for oil change, recall, valet, parking. I do a full walk around, inspect all wheels and tires as well and take a picture of before mileage to ensure it wasnt unnecessarily driven.

I didnt check once in my life because I got complacent. Sure as hell at home I noticed they had dented my rear lower side skirt from the oil change. They of course denied it and I just lived with it.
    And make sure they note it on your service estimate prior to them taking it to do the work. My Harley dealership always does this and has for 20 years. Then you have what you need. And yeah, $1,500 is ridiculous. I'd do it for a lot less than that.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I also try to wash my car right before service every time that way they are not tempted to wash it because the car is already clean.
    Yeah, don't be so sure.......... I brought my truck in once just hours after a full detail/sealant/wax.

When I came back to pick it up, it looked like a gray cheetah. One of the dullards in the back thought it would be nice to hose the pollen off of the truck. In the sun. Without drying it.

A$$pipes.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes Bruno Soares, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    It made me rolling too, I could repaint in pink metallic for the same price with a lifetime warranty. It's just a regular British made sedan. My area where I live is pretty restricted on stuff like this and the building super is an arse. I'm in NYC if this helps, and still looking for the better realistic offer from other detailers in my area.

Does it start with a B? If the car is worth over a certain amount, in get why they want to charge so much.

I used to be local and could have offered my help to a fellow geek. I remember the pains of a NYC garage lol. Rinseless washer had saved me arse.
    I used to do all my own oil changes, until most dealers now include free chnages for 3 years. With the amount I used to need and synthetic, I was ok letting them do it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    My dealer doesn't wash cars in for service, just "details" new cars at delivery. But I still say don't do it and hang the sign anyways. I also try to wash my car right before service every time that way they are not tempted to wash it because the car is already clean.
    While nothing can guarantee they won't wash, I think a combination of having the car as clean as possible inside and out with a rear view mirror "don't wash" sign gives one the best chance at avoiding dealer washes. I also have a Cquartz window sticker (coated last summer with UK 2.0) which I think helped. On my last visit which was my first since coating they said they didn't even want to put the oil change mileage sticker on the inside of the windshield so they left it in my cupholder for me. I gave them a big smile and said "that's perfect!"

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So we’re talking about a Bentley here?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry this happened to such a nice car...any car really

If they are paying and you are in NYC might as well pretend ammo is the only place that removes swirls lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast