autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What I want to see in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    A really great combo is Essence topped with IGL Ecocoat Premier. I think everyone is scared off by Premier’s high price but when you consider it lasts 12Xs longer than other SiO2 toppers it’s actually cheap. Got this tip from Justin. Got to give credit where credit is due.

Just a tip: IGL Ecocoat Premier is only for people that don’t want to “play” with their paint. It lasts so long you start hoping it will wear off so you can put something else on. No kidding.
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. More than happy to apply a spray & wipe 2, 3 in a year as long as I don't have to re-prep the paint. I just need something a little more "robust" then what I'm seeing from other Si02 sprays and old school WOWA's. Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

It seems hydro silex gets no love round here but i put 3 coats down 1 week apart as recommended. Going on 2 months still strong beading and we get a ton of rain. I’m not expecting 6 months but 3 is a given and expecting 4. Manufacture says loves to be topped off with more. I have Shine Supply Clutch which is a 10% sio2 topper. Stronger than most sio2 sealants. Haven’t had chance to use but it touts 4-6 months durability. This sounds like route for you as most sio2 toppers can top each other. You can get either for 30-40 dollars a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    It seems hydro silex gets no love round here but i put 3 coats down 1 week apart as recommended. Going on 2 months still strong beading and we get a ton of rain. I’m not expecting 6 months but 3 is a given and expecting 4. Manufacture says loves to be topped off with more. I have Shine Supply Clutch which is a 10% sio2 topper. Stronger than most sio2 sealants. Haven’t had chance to use but it touts 4-6 months durability. This sounds like route for you as most sio2 toppers can top each other. You can get either for 30-40 dollars a bottle.

Hydrosilex doesn't get alot of love here due to it not being sold here yet but I know of yet another 10% Sio2 spray that just came on the market, it seems the other products are 5% Sio2. It's worth looking around guysWhat I want to see in 2019

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm skeptical about Si02 percentages. I honestly don't care if it has Si02 at all. I really just want the best protection against bugs, water spots, bird bombs and grime in a "set it and forget it" format. I've just been warming up to the spray & wipe application recently since time has become a priority. These vehicles can't get washed every week so traditional wowo sealants have served me well. But I'd love to find a wowa with equivalent performance if I'm not gonna do a coating. Here's what I'm eyeing:

-Sonax PNS
    -Gyeon Cancoat
    -Meguiar's Fast Finish
    -IGL Ecocoat Premier
    -Yet to be released Mother's spray "coating"

When the vehicles do get washed they get a complete pressure rinse, 2 bucket wash with prewash if necessary. Can definitely manage full application of the LSP 2 or 3 times a year with the front clip and mirror "bug areas" quickly topped up and extra time or two in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

The IGL Premier sounds incredible, it's in my collection along with Hydrosilex Recharge, Meg's ceramic spray wax, TAC system Waterglass, Adam's Guard and Gloss, Beadmaker and my own "FrankenDetailer"...yes I have a problem and proud of it! Oh wait, Guz is sending me some stuff too, LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hydrosilex doesn't get alot of love here due to it not being sold here yet but I know of yet another 10% Sio2 spray that just came on the market, it seems the other products are 5% Sio2. It's worth looking around guysWhat I want to see in 2019
    PM me?

Post Thanks / Like

When you are going to be reapplying a LSP either it's something like Gyeon CanCoat or IGL Premier or a sealant or wax. I think that the cleaner you get your car the better and the more you get out of the new LSP layer. So without the need to polish you decon wash the paint as clean as possible. I start with an alkaline based degreaser and a tar remover. Then do a test spot with an iron remover to see how it reacts. Behind the front wheel is where iron particals bonds mostly. One product if I could get it here in Sweden would be a prep wash. McKees 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash or Griots Garage BOSS foaming surface prep wash and it can be more. Prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off and then the prep wash and tar remover and iron remover if needed. In that order and if you where to want to do a 2bm wash I would go with carpro reset or gyeon bathe or gtechnic g-wash. Then a panel wipe product wipe down before application of the Sio2 product. Depending on the contaminants on the paint you could be useing a water spot remover and claying if really necessary. But on a LSP that have not totaly failed a thorough decon wash is doing the prep work without the need to clay. And do the baggie test before and after the iron remover and see where it gets you. A mild clay bar or fine grade clay alternatives would be safe with a great claylube. And it's you who determind how thorough you want to be. You would only shave off on the longevity of the new LSP layer and lock in the contaminants if you have any. But when applying a LSP with a longevity of 6 to 12 months range it will be worth to do the decon wash 2-3 times a year. And reapply before it fails. You will notice a degrading to the and then it's time to plan in the decon wash and reapply it. It's very independent when this accurs.

IGL Premier looks very interesting.

9. Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It does not get a lot of love for the fact that some of us found out it did not perform that well. Those of us that tried it did not even bother looking at V2. I for one gave my bottle of V1 away on Autopia and never looked back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I'm skeptical about Si02 percentages. I honestly don't care if it has Si02 at all. I really just want the best protection against bugs, water spots, bird bombs and grime in a "set it and forget it" format. I've just been warming up to the spray & wipe application recently since time has become a priority. These vehicles can't get washed every week so traditional wowo sealants have served me well. But I'd love to find a wowa with equivalent performance if I'm not gonna do a coating. Here's what I'm eyeing:

-Sonax PNS
    -Gyeon Cancoat
    -Meguiar's Fast Finish
    -IGL Ecocoat Premier
    -Yet to be released Mother's spray "coating"

When the vehicles do get washed they get a complete pressure rinse, 2 bucket wash with prewash if necessary. Can definitely manage full application of the LSP 2 or 3 times a year with the front clip and mirror "bug areas" quickly topped up and extra time or two in the summer.
    Of that list I would say in this order for 3

1.) IGL Ecocoat Premier: super easy to apply and is supposed to be better with water spots than traditional coatings

2.) Sonax PNS: again easy to apply but is not going to be slick or sexy but it does have a great following and a record to back it

3.) Gyeon Cancoat: definitely a spray and wipe but it is a coating so high spots need to be watched for. Of the 3 it has the potential to be the most difficult to apply not that they are that hard. Has a good following but water spots also tend to be a bigger issue with the a coating.

IMO after playing with all 3 of these I would go with the IGL. It’s crazy simple. The more coats you apply the better it does and longer it is supposed to last.

12. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    When you are going to be reapplying a LSP either it's something like Gyeon CanCoat or IGL Premier or a sealant or wax. I think that the cleaner you get your car the better and the more you get out of the new LSP layer. So without the need to polish you decon wash the paint as clean as possible. I start with an alkaline based degreaser and a tar remover. Then do a test spot with an iron remover to see how it reacts. Behind the front wheel is where iron particals bonds mostly. One product if I could get it here in Sweden would be a prep wash. McKees 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash or Griots Garage BOSS foaming surface prep wash and it can be more. Prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off and then the prep wash and tar remover and iron remover if needed. In that order and if you where to want to do a 2bm wash I would go with carpro reset or gyeon bathe or gtechnic g-wash. Then a panel wipe product wipe down before application of the Sio2 product. Depending on the contaminants on the paint you could be useing a water spot remover and claying if really necessary. But on a LSP that have not totaly failed a thorough decon wash is doing the prep work without the need to clay. And do the baggie test before and after the iron remover and see where it gets you. A mild clay bar or fine grade clay alternatives would be safe with a great claylube. And it's you who determind how thorough you want to be. You would only shave off on the longevity of the new LSP layer and lock in the contaminants if you have any. But when applying a LSP with a longevity of 6 to 12 months range it will be worth to do the decon wash 2-3 times a year. And reapply before it fails. You will notice a degrading to the and then it's time to plan in the decon wash and reapply it. It's very independent when this accurs.

IGL Premier looks very interesting.
    Good suggestions, thanks. I like the idea of doing an iron remover test spot. I could do a prep-all wipe down before reapplying but honestly this is something I'd most likely skip. Already have a good degreaser in the arsenal and I'll probably add a new prewash next year. Claying I only do before polishing (unless spot claying) as to not worry about marring from the clay mitt. Hopefully whatever LSP I choose is good enough that it shouldn't need claying until the annual detail.

Luckily I don't get as much tar as you do in Sweden!

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast