autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I've been using Opti-Coat Hyper Seal as a drying aid for my car that was previously ceramic coated with Opti-Coat Paint Guard. Seeing that the price of Hyper Seal has risen to $39.99 recently, I think I'll give this a try as a rinse aid at the 7:1 dilution recommended here. #fingerscrossed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IslaTurbine View Post
    I've been using Opti-Coat Hyper Seal as a drying aid for my car that was previously ceramic coated with Opti-Coat Paint Guard. Seeing that the price of Hyper Seal has risen to $39.99 recently, I think I'll give this a try as a rinse aid at the 7:1 dilution recommended here. #fingerscrossed
    Forty dollars!!!!wth, guess I can scratch that one off my list. I have a full bottle left but haven't been using it lately.
    I am curious about this wax.

Does it attract dust like a wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Forty dollars!!!!wth, guess I can scratch that one off my list. I have a full bottle left but haven't been using it lately.
    I am curious about this wax.

Does it attract dust like a wax?
    In 7:1 is not dusty !!! Its Great !!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, new guy here =)

Up until now, I've been using Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax religiously. It's stupid easy to use, great results but admittedly very poor longevity. Water beading quality was always a bit disappointing as well. I was using the wax about every 3rd wash, I tried to do it at least once a month.

I got my hands on Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax about 2 months ago; I watched a bunch of videos and felt confident on how to use it properly.. Quite frankly, I used it exactly as directed but by establishing the "base layer" and I even purchased a high pressure washer to ensure maximum results (and less water usage). I am ABSOLUTELY AMAZED, the results are STAGGERING. After drying my car, it glistens like it's still soaking wet! Hand to God, I may never go back to caranuba protectants again! I'm digging this SiO2 craze! It's changing the game in my opinion!

I've had it on my car about 2 months, about 2 washes and each time, the water still beads up nicely! About 10 days after the first application (prior to any "maintenance" applications) we got some rain, the water flung right off of my car as I drove, and was almost totally dry when I got to work! I've reapplied it twice in these 2 months, and my car still looks glistening wet even on its dirtiest day!

5. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes limited0602, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m still using it and I’m enjoying it diluted 4:1. I first did full strength base only and have since done it diluted. Not bothering with spray on/power wash off because no need IMO. A friend used it on his ride and said after 3 months and several drive through car washes, it’s still holding up well.

Quick beading shot when it started to rain the other day.
    Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax-29fbae94-0543-4706-9d8b-276ce4da076f-jpg

7. Likes Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Ive just recently used this on my wifes civic. And im very impressed. We will see longevity. Her car doesnt get chance to get washed or detailed as much as mine. So usually only wash once a month. So if its still holding after a month ill probably just wash and test how long it goes. Its very good stuff and pretty cheap for how much you get out of it. Ive used it once on her car, some wheels i sold and front of my envoy and haven’t used much as all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And are you guys diluting this and using it as a detailer or on dry paint? Just wondering. I was thinking of trying it out diluted. I have a 16oz sprayer available empty. Let me know thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mdjas View Post
    And are you guys diluting this and using it as a detailer or on dry paint? Just wondering. I was thinking of trying it out diluted. I have a 16oz sprayer available empty. Let me know thanks everyone

I have used it on both rides while they are dry with HCW diluted (4:1 (water/HCW)) and it went on fairly well for me. Wife's ride is white, so it's easy to get it done without much work, but with mine being black, it took a little more effort to make sure there were no streaks. However, I still use it as a "wax as you dry."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limited0602 View Post
    I have used it on both rides while they are dry with HCW diluted (4:1 (water/HCW)) and it went on fairly well for me. Wife's ride is white, so it's easy to get it done without much work, but with mine being black, it took a little more effort to make sure there were no streaks. However, I still use it as a "wax as you dry."
    Good to know im def gonna try this diluted on a fresh clean dry car and see how it holds up as well. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limited0602 View Post
    So you are not using it as a spray and rinse at all, just as a spray wax every time?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast