autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Audi R8 Interior Detailing

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have recently purchased an R8 and wanted to start detailing the car myself. I have been researching and would like to get opinions from yall about best products for the materials. I did talk to the dealer and they recommended audi products but I do recognize there are better ones out there.

Seats - Black fine nappa leather.
    Dash - plastic and carbon fiber inlays with gloss finish
    Door panels - Alcantera

The showroom also recommended Lexol for the leather and Gtechniq smart fabric for alcantera. I want to keep the matte finish on the seats.

Would you recommend any products for the leather, carbon fiber, and alcantera?

Best,

Jake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audi R8 Interior Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by JakeRiley View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have recently purchased an R8 and wanted to start detailing the car myself. I have been researching and would like to get opinions from yall about best products for the materials. I did talk to the dealer and they recommended audi products but I do recognize there are better ones out there.

Door panels - Alcantera

The showroom also recommended Lexol for the leather and Gtechniq smart fabric for alcantera. I want to keep the matte finish on the seats.

Best,

Jake
    Don’t know if you are familiar with coatings but you can coat the outside as well as the inside of your car. This is the most semi permanent and best product for protection that you can go with for your leather/exterior of your car. Three respected companies that make coatings for your leather surfaces are Gyeon, Dr Beasley’s and Cquartz. Gyeon’s product is named Gyeon Shield and has many reviews on here. Cquartz Product is named simply Cquartz Leather. Finally Dr Beasley’s Leather Guard Pro kit is also a respected brand however it seems like less people have experience with that product line.
    There is an Alcantera product that a lot of people use on here but the name doesn’t come to mind right now. I’m sure someone will chime in and offer more help. Congrats on the new car and don’t forget to enjoy it and drive it hard.
    Best of luck,
    Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Thanks JakeRiley thanked for this post
    Likes JakeRiley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax has the "official" Alcantara cleaner but its not a coating. Not sure about coating it. Others will chime in.

Carbon fiber you can treat like paint mostly. Inside carbon should be fine. Wipe and or quick detailer maybe.

Gyeon is what we use these days but not the interior coatings.

2019 Challenger Redeye we are almost finished with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Thanks JakeRiley thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    Don’t know if you are familiar with coatings but you can coat the outside as well as the inside of your car. This is the most semi permanent and best product for protection that you can go with for your leather/exterior of your car. Three respected companies that make coatings for your leather surfaces are Gyeon, Dr Beasley’s and Cquartz. Gyeon’s product is named Gyeon Shield and has many reviews on here. Cquartz Product is named simply Cquartz Leather. Finally Dr Beasley’s Leather Guard Pro kit is also a respected brand however it seems like less people have experience with that product line.
    There is an Alcantera product that a lot of people use on here but the name doesn’t come to mind right now. I’m sure someone will chime in and offer more help. Congrats on the new car and don’t forget to enjoy it and drive it hard.
    Best of luck,
    Michael

Thank you Michael! You mentioned its semi-permanent. How often would I have to retreat the leather if I use Gyeon Shield?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    Best of luck,
    Michael

Thank you michael! You mentioned its semi-permanent. How often do I have to retreat the leather if I used Gyeon Shield?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    Sonax has the "official" Alcantara cleaner but its not a coating. Not sure about coating it. Others will chime in.

Carbon fiber you can treat like paint mostly. Inside carbon should be fine. Wipe and or quick detailer maybe.

Gyeon is what we use these days but not the interior coatings.

2019 Challenger Redeye we are almost finished with.

Thank you! Would you recommend any detailers that would not damage the carbon gloss coating? I have used McKee’s37 quick interior detailer in the past but not on cabon fiber.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a customer with a 2018 R8 and I have used Meguiar’s quick interior Detailer and McKee interior qd and had great results.

10. Thanks JakeRiley thanked for this post
    Likes Goonie75, JakeRiley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think the Mckees would be fine. One could polish or wax it as well. Its coated with clear most of the time so you will be fine with that product. Some folks just wipe and leave if it is interior. Doesnt have all that sun exposure.

Ryan

12. Thanks JakeRiley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Goonie75, JakeRiley, mike02vr6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JakeRiley View Post
    Hello everyone,

Door panels - Alcantera

Best,

Jake
    Well there are really no "best" products as most of what is sold through Autogeek is good.

For the leather seats, seeing as they are new I would recommend using one of the leather coatings

CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

GYEON Q2 Leather Shield

You can find my reviews for both leather coatings on the forum. Both are great leather coatings.

Review - CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

Review - Gyeon Leather Shield (Leather Coating)

If you are not ready to use a coating on the leather then a protectant would be a good alternative such as Gyeon Leather Coat. Which can also be used as a maintenance product for Leather Shield.

GYEON Q2 Leather Coat - 120 ml

For the dash you can stick with a quick interior detailer product like Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer or McKee's Fast Interior Detailer and be done. You also have the option to add a protectant. 303 protectant it popular. My personal favorite at the moment is Gyeon Preserve. Works great on plastics and rubber interiors.

One small edit in that I will mention that Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash is a really nice protetant.

For the Carbon Fiber pieces, I would look into coating them with something. The benefit to cquartz leather is that it can be used to coat interior trim pieces. Or if you are going to ceramic coat the paint you can use whatever you have left to coat the carbon fiber pieces. It will help with minimizing the defects from wipedowns.

For alcantera, I will let others chime in but Sonax makes a cleaner.

16. Thanks JakeRiley thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast