autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very surprised by the lack of filler removal by gyeon prep

Thanks for sharing panel wipe is good stuff. I had a conversation with the owner of pearl coating and he was referencing the same issue with alcohol prep products not getting everything off the paint. He recommended after all compounding and polishing was complete to do a wash with dawn and then alcohol prep wipe of at least 20%-50%. I am aware that this is not a common practice and some may disagree. I think opti’s prep product also has additional solvents added in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Thanks for sharing panel wipe is good stuff. I had a conversation with the owner of pearl coating and he was referencing the same issue with alcohol prep products not getting everything off the paint. He recommended after all compounding and polishing was complete to do a wash with dawn and then alcohol prep wipe of at least 20%-50%.
    The only problem with store bought IPA is it will tend to feel grabby and will probably cause towel marring on softer paints. Kleanstrip Prep-All is awesome because it slick when wiping off and will remove everything off the paint.
    '03 Corvette Z06

3. Thanks Mgavin1985 thanked for this post
    Likes Mgavin1985 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I watched a cool YouTube video on forensic detailing- home brewed panel wipe and the guy is pretty knowledgeable. In the video he was making the same point you brought up about lack of lube. The guy added an ingredient in besides the alcohol and distilled water. I can’t remember the name it was something to help address the grabbiness. It was some type of chemical soap or something and very small amount added. Maybe later I’ll edit in the link can’t find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Gtechniq Panel Wipe seems like much more of a body prep solvent type cleaner and its effectiveness on knocking down some fresh LSP’s shows through. IPA (Gyeon Prep/CarPro Eraser) gets me a visually clean wipedown after polishing which is generally what I’m looking for out of this wipedown, no residuals detected through the light source on final wipe. But I’m close to switching over to Prep-All for all post polishing wipedowns for my tests, much more cost effective than Gtechniq and Eraser/Prep. I’d say the main problem for me is I’m addicted to how good Eraser smells.
    Just watched your “waxmode channel” YouTube video on the megs ceramic wax ����. Top notch appreciate the info. Autogeek should send you test products.
    Last edited by Mgavin1985; 01-06-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Forgot

Post Thanks / Like

I used this over the weekend as my panel wipe. Awesome product. Blows away any panel prep I've used. The way it wipes off is super smooth. I didn't let it dwell for a full minute though, which I should have. Still worked very well.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you used Eraser? I found Eraser to be a bit better at removing polishing oils while Prep seemed to be smoother/better lubricating.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234