autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2015 Black Mustang Swirl Remover

Hey guys I just purchased a 2015 Black Mustang and the paint is not hammered it does have a fair amount of scratches as swirls, I have been out of the machine polishing game for a while and need to give my baby some love. What polish would you recommend for a single step to give good results. I do not have to have perfection as this is a daily driver but want to give it some pop. Not looking for a two or three step process. I have a GG garage DA and orange, green and blue LC pads (5.5 inch) need to purchase the swirl remover. If someone has experience with this paint color/car I would love some guidance. Work firewall will not let me upload pics will get them up when I leave
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Black Mustang Swirl Remover

The BlackFire All In One seems to be a favorite for what you're asking. HD Speed is another option. McKee's 37 360 is also a good contender and I think you'll be happy with any of those. I suggest the orange pad which you already have. Make sure you do a chemical (Iron-X) and mechanical (clay bar) decontamination first.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

The 303 Compound, polish and finishing polish is a great place to start2015 Black Mustang Swirl Remover2015 Black Mustang Swirl Remover2015 Black Mustang Swirl Remover

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

After doing a lot of searching on the same topic, in the same predicament as you (not black, however, but a darker gray), I was down to two products, 3D One (which I went with), or Griot's Fast Correcting Cream. Both act differently, based on the pad you use.

Lot's of good videos on these type of products, just need to search.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I am a part time detailer here in NC but just do not have a demand in my area for paint correction. No one wants to pay for it. It has been about five years since I have had to do a paint correction (black mustang in avatar) then I used megs 205/105 combo. I was leaning to the black fire one step but wanted to get some ideas from others before I pulled trigger. Not sure if I am going to hit it over Christmas break or wait to spring. Probably spring. Def. going to clay first and will add ferrex to the process.
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

was leaning to the black fire one step also thinking about the speed. Also a couple products not mentioned up here by wax by Jax
    Bo Davenport
    Evolution Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how the newer Ford paint is but I would definitely give HD Speed a try. I used it a couple of times on my black '15 Sonata which had softer paint and had great results. I used a Meguiars yellow polishing pad and it was easy on/off with pretty good correction.

Post Thanks / Like

In the recent Road Show Detailing Class in Atlanta, we used BF All In One on a really rough 2004 blue Honda Accord and the results were pretty impressive. Mike did half the trunk using a Flex 3401 with I believe a white LC pad. There are some pictures on the third page of the post - "Pictures and Comments - Atlanta, Georgia RoadShow Class".

Post Thanks / Like

Any Quality brand AIO should be fine. Blackfire AIO, Menzerna AIO and Meg's D166 (my choice). If you are going to use an AIO use the polishing pad. All the choices here from this group are great choices. You can't go wrong with any of their choices. I can't comment on HD as I have never used it before. The other 3 I have mentioned are ALL good.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have two Stangs in my stable, an 05 Ragtop GT and a 16 Ecoboost Premium. I can say with certainty that you will more than likely find that each have an average of about 110-140 microns (Roughly 4 to 5 mils) of paint They're on the lean side but have pretty strong clear.

Both take well to HD Speed, and I'm sure all mentioned will work great. The thing that you want to make sure of is, if you're going to use an AIO (or really any polish), make sure you have enough pads on hand. The Sealant in the AIO's can tend to bog a pad down after a body panel or two.

Here is a good write-up by Mike Phillips on such a subject: Good rule of thumb when using an AIO - stick with foam polishing pads by Mike Phillips

Please take good before/after photo's and post them in the show-n-shine section. We love our Mustangs!!!

11. Likes Paul A. liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast