autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show off your detailing cart...

Quote Originally Posted by Bgates222 View Post
    Wow impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks brother, it definitely comes in handy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    here's mine.... That diagonal pipe holsters my SGS28 gun and Mozmatic lance from OG when not in use.
    Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    lol the kitchen pic is hilarious!
    I think so, too! Cracks me up.

I'm digging how your's is "modified." I intend to make some changes to mine...eventually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I think so, too! Cracks me up.

I'm digging how your's is "modified." I intend to make some changes to mine...eventually
    The bottle organizer is a must and I simply put screws on the sides to hold the brushes. Makes it fully functional for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    here's mine.... The black PVC pipe holsters my SGS28 gun and Mozmatic lance from OG. Works like a charm as i make my way around my car or the wife's car when washing
    That’s one of those decorative ones from Ikea. I had that in mind for a bit but pulled out because of the small stature. How do you find he height and size?

Post Thanks / Like

First time including pictures. Let's see i I did it right.

I made my own cart. Works great, although were I to do it over, I would have made it a bit smaller.

Top shelf includes two different type bottle holder racks that I got from a bar and restaurant supply store. Middle shelf holds all of the tools I can't hang on the pegboard on the side. Lowest shelf has bulky items. I had a hole in the top shelf to insert a 5 gallon bucket, but the bucket took up more room than I wanted to give it, and I replaced the shelf with a full piece of wood.

Pegboard has been nice. Keeps small stuff handy and easy to find. I love the power strip I added - I run and extension cord to the cart, and can plug in lights, polishers, my MetroVac Side Kick, shop vac, and pressure washer. I even have a cord for charging my phone.

I put smooth rolling 3" casters on it, and it rolls around very easily. Glad I don't have to lift it anywhere, but it works great for me.

Cost me about $35.00 in materials. Sadly, the cost was quite a bit higher. While drilling the holes to insert the casters, I was trying to take a drill bit out of a drill, and held the bit instead of the chuck when I pulled the trigger. Maybe I'll work on posting the picture of my hand. But the emergency room bill was almost $1,000. So this was a pretty expensive cart to build for me, but I bet for anyone else, they could do it for less than $50.00.

Show off your detailing cart...-img_20181203_185301154-jpg Show off your detailing cart...-nfo-ljdptma3nso4zofgha-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    First time including pictures. Let's see i I did it right.

I made my own cart. Works great, although were I to do it over, I would have made it a bit smaller.

Top shelf includes two different type bottle holder racks that I got from a bar and restaurant supply store. Middle shelf holds all of the tools I can't hang on the pegboard on the side. Lowest shelf has bulky items. I had a hole in the top shelf to insert a 5 gallon bucket, but the bucket took up more room than I wanted to give it, and I replaced the shelf with a full piece of wood.

Pegboard has been nice. Keeps small stuff handy and easy to find. I love the power strip I added - I run and extension cord to the cart, and can plug in lights, polishers, my MetroVac Side Kick, shop vac, and pressure washer. I even have a cord for charging my phone.

I put smooth rolling 3" casters on it, and it rolls around very easily. Glad I don't have to lift it anywhere, but it works great for me.

Cost me about $35.00 in materials. Sadly, the cost was quite a bit higher. While drilling the holes to insert the casters, I was trying to take a drill bit out of a drill, and held the bit instead of the chuck when I pulled the trigger. Maybe I'll work on posting the picture of my hand. But the emergency room bill was almost $1,000. So this was a pretty expensive cart to build for me, but I bet for anyone else, they could do it for less than $50.00.

Show off your detailing cart...-img_20181203_185301154-jpg Show off your detailing cart...-nfo-ljdptma3nso4zofgha-jpg
    Wow great job man, that thing is super functional.

And it hurts just thinking about your hand, ouch!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the picture right after I did it. To be honest, it didn't hurt that much.

Show off your detailing cart...-img_20180304_131555472-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

For me its all i need... I only detail my car and the wife's car. Its more or less a place for me to keep the tools i use for washing my car's in one spot. Granted i have a 6' cabinet in the garage to house my gallon refills and MF towels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12