autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's GG6: Will McKee's 37 360 be a good AIO?

I'm a DA newbie. I'm in the middle of collecting product. I should have my GG6 in the mail today. I'm so stoked!
    I've been reading articles here on AG all week. I'm wondering if McKee's 360 is a good AIO that would play nice with the GG6 and Griot's pad?
    Is there a better AIO out there that I should be utilizing for this combo?
    I want the AIO for the quick weekend detail / upkeep after I've done a multi-step process a couple times each year.
    Additionally, does the McKee's 360 incorporate a decent UV protector?
    I reside outside of Phoenix. We have covered parking at work, but otherwise, sits outside in the driveway the rest of the time.
    Sorry in advance if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not find anything specific.
    - Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's GG6: Will McKee's 37 360 be a good AIO?

360 lasts longer than most AIOs, and if using inbetween multi-step polishing steps, you shouldn’t need much cut (even though 360 has decent cut). I think it’s a good choice for your environment.

3. Likes PSYS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

As I preface many of my comments, I tend not to use too many other brands other than McKee's. I started with one of their products when I was looking for a particular solution (Bug Remover), and it worked, so as I have needed other products, I start with McKee's, and stick with it unless it disappoints. so far, nothing has.

And that includes 360. I use it with a GG6, and I've yet to be disappointed. More importantly, the people whose cars I've used it on have been thrilled.

Could there be something better out there? Sure, there might be. But just like all the other McKee's products I have purchased, I haven't found a need to search. I think you'll like it, too.

To answer your question about the UV protector, it's not one of the aspect on which I need to judge. In Northeast Ohio, the sun is far less a problem that it would be for you in Arizona.

5. Likes PSYS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellas!

That is good enough for me. I will add the McKee's 360 to my list!
    - Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

360 is AWESOME stuff. Amazing durability for an AIO and remarkable correction. I don't think there's an AIO out there that can beat 360 in both of those aspects. Also super easy to apply and remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PSYS View Post
    I'm a DA newbie. I'm in the middle of collecting product. I should have my GG6 in the mail today. I'm so stoked!
    I've been reading articles here on AG all week. I'm wondering if McKee's 360 is a good AIO that would play nice with the GG6 and Griot's pad?
    Is there a better AIO out there that I should be utilizing for this combo?
    I want the AIO for the quick weekend detail / upkeep after I've done a multi-step process a couple times each year.
    Additionally, does the McKee's 360 incorporate a decent UV protector?
    I reside outside of Phoenix. We have covered parking at work, but otherwise, sits outside in the driveway the rest of the time.
    Sorry in advance if this has been asked before. I did a search and could not find anything specific.

Hello Scott- I have posted similar replies on this forum to the same question - and no different here - 360 will do exactly what you are expecting. It makes an excellent maintenance product for those who want to hit their cars 2 times a year with a DA for paint cleanup and protection. In terms of durability - I have yet to use an AIO that is as durable. I tested this out on a friends car - someone who never, and I mean never washes his car on his own. The only time it gets cleaned is once a year when he comes by for a visit. The first time I did this for him, I applied 360. Not only did it brighten the paint up very noticeably but it lasted for well over 6 months. In fact if I recall properly water was still beading almost 9 months later. And last but not least, paired with a good correcting pad (eg orange ccs) it will pull out swirls with 4-6 section passes.

ScottH

9. Likes PSYS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awesome... I'm adding it to my shopping list.
    I got the GG6 delivered and need the backing plate(s) and pads.
    I intend to order additional product at the same time.
    - Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

With my GG6 DA, I've tried several AIO's.....including HD Speed, Chemical Guys V04, Meguiars D166, 360 and Blackfire AIO. I'm no CG hater, but V04 is junk....do not waste your money. McKees 360 beat them all for longevity and cut, but came in behind the others as far as slickness and gloss.

12. Likes PSYS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gg6 is my daily driver, I'd get the 5 inch vented plate and you will have an amazing machine that will last you a lifetime and if it doesn't well the warranty will as it's lifetime replacement which I've used I think 3 times so far and have never had any issue with the customer service.

14. Likes PSYS liked this post