autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Self Healing Ceramic Coating

I also wonder what doctor Beasley is doing with all those unused bottles of $500 coating. When they get sick of them in their warehouse and charge a reasonable price I’ll buy one

2. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Don't buy into the longevity claims from companies. It is going to vary. The environment and care plays a large factor in how long a coating performs. Also keep in mind that coating companies use up to X years with the key words being "up to". Now there are some coatings that do perform better than others.

Also the self healing aspects are probably nothing spectacular.
    I agree with you here Guz, I believe a coatings lifespan is dependent on environment & maintenance. In saying that, I coated our people mover with CQuartz Classic just over three years ago, its a daily driver, never sees the inside of a garage & dare I say it - fairly neglected in terms of regular care. It has only been the last few maintenance washes that it has started showing signs that the coating is no longer performing. As CQuartz Classic only has a warranty of one year I have been more than impressed with the longevity & performance.

On the other hand, I have seen other vehicles I have personally coated with more exclusive coatings & that are somewhat less neglected than our people mover that appear to not be performing anywhere near as good.

As for the Healing capabilities of Feynlabs Heal Lite & Heal Plus . . . its the real deal. I've seen other companies claim its false etc but I have installed it on many vehicles & tested it in person & it simply is mind blowing technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    Exactly. Clearcoat can actually be measured, the coating itself can not. At least not any coatings that I'm aware of.
    CarPro CQuartz Finest Reserve can be measured as can Feynlabs Healing Coatings. Feynlab Heal Plus when Installed, Layered & Infrared Cured correctly can measure up to 15 microns (almost 0.6mil).

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I also wonder what doctor Beasley is doing with all those unused bottles of $500 coating. When they get sick of them in their warehouse and charge a reasonable price I’ll buy one
    I think you're underestimating people's ability and willingness to believe even the most ridiculous claims and buy into any and all kind of snake oil, shelling out exorbitant prices for them.

You just have to look at the ceramic coating market and see how the prices are going up with each new year and each new brand appearing, while none of these newcomers seem to bring anything other to a table, than a more fancier name and packaging than the previous one, but nothing in the actual performance department, be it about gloss, durability or even just ease of application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    I agree with you here Guz, I believe a coatings lifespan is dependent on environment & maintenance. In saying that, I coated our people mover with CQuartz Classic just over three years ago, its a daily driver, never sees the inside of a garage & dare I say it - fairly neglected in terms of regular care. It has only been the last few maintenance washes that it has started showing signs that the coating is no longer performing. As CQuartz Classic only has a warranty of one year I have been more than impressed with the longevity & performance.

On the other hand, I have seen other vehicles I have personally coated with more exclusive coatings & that are somewhat less neglected than our people mover that appear to not be performing anywhere near as good.

As for the Healing capabilities of Feynlabs Heal Lite & Heal Plus . . . its the real deal. I've seen other companies claim its false etc but I have installed it on many vehicles & tested it in person & it simply is mind blowing technology.

CarPro CQuartz Finest Reserve can be measured as can Feynlabs Healing Coatings. Feynlab Heal Plus when Installed, Layered & Infrared Cured correctly can measure up to 15 microns (almost 0.6mil).

Aaryn NZ.
    Really? 15 microns with ONE layer? I'll have to see this...

Post Thanks / Like

Concerning the original question, I have tried a few different self healing coatings and they have been very intensive installs. I’m not familiar with any consumer versions and I would not fault any company for not handing them out to the consumer market based on the installation. Maybe some of the Lite versions are easier.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

He said layered so that means more than one layer, no?
    Bruno Soares

9. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apologies MikeC78, I didn't intend to suggest that this is with ONE layer, nor did I assume that you were intending to be meaning only ONE layer.

CQuartz Finest Reserve (when installed correctly) is a multi layered ceramic coating & is measurable at up to 3 microns.
    Feynlabs Healing Coatings are also a multi step coating process & absolutely can be measured up to 15 microns.

These are two very reputable companies that have been in the game for a long time. False information doesn't wash to well in this industry & the 'fibbers' don't last long. These companies have an incredible family of Authorized/Certified Installers around the World & above all I believe each & every one of them are credible folks who simply wouldn't entertain the idea of miss leading their clientele, future or present.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Two part coating systems are becoming more popular.

A coating will fracture if it is too hard. A certain amount of flexibility must be built in. When I see 10h I laugh and run away.

I don’t think the discussion of self healing technology breaks any forum rules since AG does not sell any competing products. I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

12. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Apologies MikeC78, I didn't intend to suggest that this is with ONE layer, nor did I assume that you were intending to be meaning only ONE layer.

CQuartz Finest Reserve (when installed correctly) is a multi layered ceramic coating & is measurable at up to 3 microns.
    Feynlabs Healing Coatings are also a multi step coating process & absolutely can be measured up to 15 microns.

These are two very reputable companies that have been in the game for a long time. False information doesn't wash to well in this industry & the 'fibbers' don't last long. These companies have an incredible family of Authorized/Certified Installers around the World & above all I believe each & every one of them are credible folks who simply wouldn't entertain the idea of miss leading their clientele, future or present.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks! Good to know... I wasn't aware of that nor have I heard of Feynlabs until this thread. lol

14. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    He said layered so that means more than one layer, no?
    Yes, he did. My comprehension problem...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast