autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage - Customers for Life

I'm a newbie and just ordered a GG6 simply based on the info I found on this forum.
    Seems like a no-brainer... have never used a DA before so this will be my first!
    - Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PSYS View Post
    I'm a newbie and just ordered a GG6 simply based on the info I found on this forum.
    Seems like a no-brainer... have never used a DA before so this will be my first!
    Did you order a 5” backing plate and 5” pads?

Post Thanks / Like

I have made GG my go to shop also, their products are great. I get them from my auto shops in the area and if they don't have them I order on line. The difference from what I was using is very noticeable.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Did you order a 5” backing plate and 5” pads?
    That was my question in another part of the forum, that's essentially all I need to get started (besides product, of course) is just the 5" backing and pads, correct?
    - Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

That was my question in another part of the forum, that's essentially all I need to get started (besides product, of course) is just the 5" backing and pads, correct?
    Yes that’s correct. I’d recommend the 5” Griots Garage Vented Backing Plate. You might also want to consider the Griots HD 3” Backing Plate for use in small areas, but then you’ll have to buy more pads of course.. I’m not trying to spend your money, so you’ll have to decide whether or not you think you’ll really need all that. It’s not impossible to do without it.

7. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes that’s correct. I’d recommend the 5” Griots Garage Vented Backing Plate. You might also want to consider the Griots HD 3” Backing Plate for use in small areas, but then you’ll have to buy more pads of course.. I’m not trying to spend your money, so you’ll have to decide whether or not you think you’ll really need all that. It’s not impossible to do without it.
    Thank you!!!
    - Scott.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go all in on Griot's and grab their Creams for your products to start.

In a nut shell, they work great, do not dust, and you can match the product to the pads (Griot's pads).

An almost fool-proof system with great products from A-Z. Great way to learn.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Eldorado2k, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the 3" Griots, and have just put the 2" backing plate on it. It is now a little beast! Did a nasty FRS today, (and again tomorrow) and the little thing tears it up. Pillars just gleam and so do the jams. I have the 6 with the 5" bc, and the 21, gonna get the 15,

I am also a big fan of the boss creams, and the wheel cleaner, and the interior cleaner, and the engine cleaner, and the plastic cleaner, etc...

Being an active 70 year detailer, I need stuff to work, and be gentle with me. I'm just an old man with a mending heart!

I am an absolute believer Griots, AG, and Autopia service are the pinnacle of customer service and customer appreciation. I am also pleased with Shurhold customer service. You will only have a problem with any of these guys if you don't talk to them.. If you do, then just sit back and relax, they will doing everything possible (within reason) to fix your issue.

Bill

13. Likes VISITOR, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    I have long touted the book, "Customers for Life: How to Turn That One-Time Buyer Into a Lifetime Customer By Carl Sewell, Paul B. Brown"

It is very nice to see that Griots Garage is touting it as a core value. So, those who say they hope that the lifetime warranty on polishers never changes, as long as this management is in charge I think it is safe to say that the warranty terms will not change. I have three GG polishers (3", G15, G21) that I purchased mainly because of the warranty since I am a hobbyist and expect these tools to last a long time. I have no buyer's remorse and I guess you can all me a customer for life.

AGO also walks the talk in this regard, as is evident in all of the voluntary testimonials people make here. The detailing business is better for this.

CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEE

At Griot's Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don't like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you're covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn't cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That's our guarantee. Buy with confidence.
    i added a few words of my own (in red)...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info, you guys.
    - Scott.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast