autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best rinseless wash for winter?

hmmmm.... so what MFs does everyone use for WWs? Anyone use affordable all-purpose towels? The fancy 350-400gsm WW towels? Edgeless polishing or wax removal towels?

Something I didn’t mention?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the creature edgeless from rag company for frothe (waterless) and n-914 rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    hmmmm.... so what MFs does everyone use for WWs? Anyone use affordable all-purpose towels? The fancy 350-400gsm WW towels? Edgeless polishing or wax removal towels?

Something I didn’t mention?
    Always plush, lifeless ones and I have anything from ones I bought from Ebay to Luxury microfiber but need to try some Eagle edgeless from The Rag Company for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I use the creature edgeless from rag company for frothe (waterless) and n-914 rinseless.
    Eagle edgeless 350, 500, or something else? These seems to be similar to the 350 gsm WW towels in the Outlet store. I wish they sold them in bulk.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Eagle edgeless as well and like them for that purpose.

My favorite WW's are Ultima and Uber. Those two are pretty interchangeable for me. Got a gallon each. Still have over a gallon of the old Meguiar's D114, but don't use it much if any. If my car is pretty clean and I'm going to do a polish is about the only time I use the D114.

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is being used tonight along with...THE AQUA SPONGE! Decided to change it up after watching Aoex Detailing where he's been using the Big Red Sponge.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Always plush, lifeless ones and I have anything from ones I bought from Ebay to Luxury microfiber but need to try some Eagle edgeless from The Rag Company for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Eagle edgeless 350, 500, or something else? These seems to be similar to the 350 gsm WW towels in the Outlet store. I wish they sold them in bulk.
    The eagle edgeless are more plush and better for drying and polishing plus you get 5 for around 25$. The are 500 gsm usually. For that price I prefer their Everest 800. Use for applying Merlin’s, drying with drying aid or wiping of frothe.

For waterless the creature edgeless I feel are perfect. The are 420gsm edgeless like the eagles. 70/30 and I get 10 for 24$. Dual pile too. Perfect not too plush or too thin. Regardless of price.... my favorite towel.

I’m seriously thinking of buying a case of them. Fly07sti has it right. You can never have to many MF’s. In a case your paying $1.30 for quite possibly the best overall (value/performance) towel ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is being used tonight along with...THE AQUA SPONGE! Decided to change it up after watching Aoex Detailing where he's been using the Big Red Sponge.
    Funny you mention that - just the other day I was looking at my big red sponge and was thinking about giving it a go with something other than ONR. It’s been out of circulation while I’ve been either doing multi-towel or multi-mitt RW’s.

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coatingsarecrack View Post
    everyone follow the rules. Don’t be angry. And doesn’t ag sell boss foams?

You both make sense. I’ve mentioned ammo here or their but in context to conversation and never been warned.

Big difference from going and posting on a few threads (some really old) of your love of the product. I get it, i love it also. But would you run into a lexus dealership and scream at the top of your lungs how much you love infinities? I think a little respect for the people who run this forum so we can have these discussions is respectable.

Note: I have probably mentioned the “wonder wash” twice as much as gunny tho....

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

xxxx_xxx_xxx-xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    The eagle edgeless are more plush and better for drying and polishing plus you get 5 for around 25$. The are 500 gsm usually. For that price I prefer their Everest 800. Use for applying Merlin’s, drying with drying aid or wiping of frothe.

For waterless the creature edgeless I feel are perfect. The are 420gsm edgeless like the eagles. 70/30 and I get 10 for 24$. Dual pile too. Perfect not too plush or too thin. Regardless of price.... my favorite towel.

I’m seriously thinking of buying a case of them. Fly07sti has it right. You can never have to many MF’s. In a case your paying $1.30 for quite possibly the best overall (value/performance) towel ever!
    I just received 10 Creature and 9 Spectrum (basically Creature but with soft edge). Nice-feeling towels, but I haven't used them for WW yet. One side is more plush than the other - Do you use both sides of the towel, or only the plush side?

I'm still trying to decide if I should also try a 5 pack of 500 Eagle or the 800 Everest you speak of. I will try these first before finalizing that decision.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast