autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feel like I was duped here with detailing and ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    $1700 and they didn’t even do any of that? Heck, for that amount they should’ve done that just to simply over deliver... But they actually described it as part of the package and failed completely... Man what’s up with that?

I think it’s funny how at 1st he was quik to offer a refund, as if it was no sweat since they really didn’t do much anyways... But now he’s asking about you wanting the refund as if he’s more upset that he’s gonna miss out on the payday. Lame. Upsetting...
    And there is no way in hell they spent 39 hours on my vehicle. No way.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda off topic...but looking/reading 'his' web site, for some reason it just looks kinda questionable. Hard to put my finger on it, but sumthin' just doesn't appear 'right'. Maybe I'm just old and cynical, but there's just something that rings off tune.

Just my 2¢...

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

3. Likes Goonie75, MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, to get my vehicle properly fixed what type of price should I be looking at? If I have to have the coating removed, have the paint corrected again properly, and then have another ceramic coating added on, what type of price should I look for? And to that point, should I even have the ceramic coating put on again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnation View Post
    Just out of curiosity, to get my vehicle properly fixed what type of price should I be looking at? If I have to have the coating removed, have the paint corrected again properly, and then have another ceramic coating added on, what type of price should I look for? And to that point, should I even have the ceramic coating put on again?
    If he used the coating light or the aviator grade sealant as he seems to be useing. That would be coming of when compounding. But if he used the ceramic pro you can run into problem with it newly applied. It may need to be wet sanded off. Then it's of coarse going to be more time to correct the paint.

The prices I'm little out of since I'm from Sweden. And what I have noticed is it varies from where you live in the US. Then what kind of coating you go with. And the biggest difference is how many steps of polishing is needed since that is the most time consuming. Here in Sweden the prices is from 700-800$ and up. For correction and ceramic coating. But others here will chaim in with prices.

I like the coatings water behavior and self cleaning ability and protection it has. Then I think a consumer grade coating is enough. Cause it will be building up contaminants over time. So around 2 years something is often needed to get the great looking again. And the more thorough you are at maintaining it the longer it will look awesome. So it's very personal on what you expect and are ready to do to maintain the coating or any protection.

Have you thought about do it your self?

Post Thanks / Like

I use Feynlab coatings now. For a 2 step paint correction (a real paint correction, not what you got. I aim for 90-95% defect removal on a 2 step correction) and a 5 year warrantied self healing coating (Google Feynlab Self Heal, it's legit) and a basic interior (vacuum, wipe down and windows. No shampooing or stain removal in this package) I would be in the 1500-1700 range. I would have the car for probably 3 days. I also wouldn't worry about any special procedures to remove whatever this guy put on your car, if he put anything on at all. Also consider that prices are highly market dependent. I'm in NY and can get higher prices than people in the midwest can, generally.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

We charge $1500. Southern Indiana. We correct paint to the best it can be on all vehicles. Coat with 2 year-ish coating (maintenance dependent)... we are using Gyeon Syncro at this time.

Complete detail in and out (includes wheel and windshield coating) while detailing engine bay as well. Takes 3-4 days. Check out American Detail on Facebook (sorry to all if I'm not supposed to promote) and you will see that even in poorer lighting one can get it looking better than your experience.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:
    -Coating$ can be $uch a racket.

-Kinda wish I wasn’t so at odds with...
    No, let’s make that: dead set against...
    the exploitation of people; so that I, too,
    was able to capitalize on this stratagem.
    Nah; not really.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

9. Likes Goonie75, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first post here, hoping to get some clarity on this.

I have a 2017 Yukon that was by no means in bad condition paint wise, but taken through one too many brush washes by the previous owner. I looked around online and found a detailing shop near me. I spoke to the owner and he told me he could paint correct it and make it look like it was just off the showroom. He said that anything deep couldn’t be fixed, but that the swirl marks I had could be corrected easily and that he wanted to put a Ceramic Pro finish on it to protect it. The below video is what I got back. I literally see no indication that anything was corrected here. It cost a fortune and I feel like I didn’t get anything fixed here. I think it still looks terrible.

What do you guys think? He’s asked me to bring it back in to “correct it” but is he just going to make it worse? FYI this place had a lot of high end cars in it that they were working on and it was very fancy. But he never sent the photos he promised of my vehicle going through it’s process and I’m wondering if he did anything at all now besides wash and wax it. Any thoughts?

YouTube
    This really pisses me off that I'm doing perfect work and cant get 300 a car for it,to a point of I'm thinking about just closing down and finding something else to do. I've been doing escalades and tahoe's for 300 to 350 and can only find one every week or two to even work on..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to take it to a forum member this week. A local detailer (not above) said he can fix it but will have to strip off the coating and essentially start over. He said it would be $3500????? Is that even remotely correct? This is exterior detail only and he said its so expensive because he has to take off the existing coating, properly paint correct it and clean up the other guys mess, then re-coat it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to take it to a forum member this week. A local detailer (not above) said he can fix it but will have to strip off the coating and essentially start over. He said it would be $3500????? Is that even remotely correct? This is exterior detail only and he said its so expensive because he has to take off the existing coating, properly paint correct it and clean up the other guys mess, then re-coat it.
    Uh no

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast